Paint help - can it be saved?

jbojones

I recently bought myself a 2000 L at a local auto auction for 6K. I think whoever owned the truck prior drove it around with a bad brake rotor and got steel filings all over the paint on the drivers side. I tried washing it, didnt work. Scrubbing doesnt work, but if I use my fingernail I can scrape it off so I dont think it is burned in. Is there anyone who expirenced this or that knows how do remove it, or am I going to be paying for a paint job

I recently bought myself a 2000 L at a local auto auction for 6K. I think whoever owned the truck prior drove it around with a bad brake rotor and got steel filings all over the paint on the drivers side. I tried washing it, didnt work. Scrubbing doesnt work, but if I use my fingernail I can scrape it off so I dont think it is burned in. Is there anyone who expirenced this or that knows how do remove it, or am I going to be paying for a paint job

1st thing wash it with Dawn diswashing soap, then claybar it that should get rid of any fallout, then wax the heck out of it, or polish it then wax it.

1st thing wash it with Dawn diswashing soap, then claybar it that should get rid of any fallout, then wax the heck out of it, or polish it then wax it.

+1 on that but before the polish i would def use some compound on there and use a wheel if you can or get it done for you, you will see a massive diff with that and def give you a much deeper shine

use a claybar then laquer thinner i have a white lightning it willcome out mint i had same prob i work 4 a detail shop if u have anymore questions let me no

use a claybar then laquer thinner i have a white lightning it willcome out mint i had same prob i work 4 a detail shop if u have anymore questions let me no

I'd use laquer thinner with caution. It will soften and destroy paint if it is left on the painted surface too long.

Back