P0457 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected

Chitown Willie

I keep getting a "P0457 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected" code on my 2003. I did the easy thing first and replaced the gas cap with a new one from Ford. As soon as I satisfy the test cycle the pending code comes back.
Are there any other obvious/common places to look for this leak? I thought I'd ask here before I take it somewhere for a "smoke test".
Also, I'm trying to get all the emissions readiness monitors to run so I can take it in for the emissions test. Other than this EVAP monitor the CAT readiness test has not run (nor has it set any pending codes). I think I read somewhere that the EVAP test has to complete before the CAT one will run. Anybody know if this is true? Thanks!

1.jpg2.jpg
I guess this could count as a large evap leak, huh?
I was ready to give up and take her in for a smoke test. Then I noticed that one of the hoses (above the charcoal canister bracket) had a rattle when I shook it. Pulled the bracket assembly down and found this. I'm going to take her out tonight and try to get the EVAP test to run. Hopefully once that runs the CAT one will run and I'll be in the clear for the emissions test.

Allrighty! Ran the drive cycle this morning and it passed. One more (CAT) to go. I hope that one runs with no issues since I have highflow cats on the truck. I think I'm allowed one "not ready" monitor for the emissions test, but that seems like a big one to allow. Can't wait to get this mularky over with and get the performance tune back in!

Back