P0358

9T4 SVT

Last Friday I had the P0354 code, this past Friday on the way to work the truck starts running really bad. Got it back home and the new code is P0358, number 8 cyclinder. I think there's a lesson here. Oh, yeah! if it's ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!
The experience I have from the last two weeks, I can now change the two rear most coil packs in no time at all....

Dry as a bone. They come with new boots. What i was getting at is I didn't have any issues prior to having the COP's changed. I reinstalled two of the ones that were replaced, running like a champ.

It had the Factory originals. I replaced them with what was suppose to be OEM replacements (ebay). Right now all is good, time will tell. I did talk to the FOMOCO dealer, they said that they get a lot of number 4 and number 8 failures, just due to the location of those two plugs. As I said, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.... The point I was trying to make, was that I had never changed nor attempted to change the coil-on-plugs in one of these trucks, and within two Fridays I changed the two hardest to get to and didn't bang any knuckles or anything. Just a 1/4 in ratchet two extensions, one universal, one 7mm socket, and one flashlight, and a couple of bad words in the process. I have to say, all in all it wasn't as bad as some people will lead you to believe.

Party at Ralphs!!!

He's changing all of our COPs

:bd:

Hopefully all is sorted out now and you get some good seat time in.

Brian,

Bring em over, I've got the tools and that small stool (which is an absolute neccessity). I figure with a little more practice I should have it down to 45 minutes (each one) in no time at all. Going on vacation, be back after Labor Day. Everyone be good....

Back