P 0354 code

9T4 SVT

I had my COPs replaced a week or so ago (I picked up a set of 8 on ebay about a year ago, OEM replacements). Yesterday I start down the stree on the way to the Firehouse and the truck started missing somethig terrible. Went back home and I had SES light. Plugged in my XCAL2 and the DTC showed the above code. Went to the computer and logged into my Alldata subscription. The code translated to a misfiring COP. The diagnostic page told me which cyclinder it was (this code says number 4).
This morning I get up early as I want to get this changed before it gets too hot out, then it hit me as to where number 4 is. I only need my 1/4 in ratchet, 7mm deep socket, a univerasl, and a long extension. Got the bolt out fairly easy. Had to use a step stool, to reach all the way back there, finally was able to get a hold of the COP and thought, darn this thing came out way too easy. Then I looked at it and the boot was still in the hole. I'm thinking, how in the heck am I going to get the boot out. This called for a trip to the neighborhood Harbor Freight. I found a set of 11inch long needle nose pliers, one had a slight curve at the end and the other had a 45 degree curve. the latter worked perfect to get a hold of the boot and yank it out. I re-installed one of the COPs that had been replaced, started up, no noticable miss. Went on test drive and all was well. Got back home cleared the DTC and all is well.
Since I had never changed or attempted to change on of these COPs I think I did ok for the first time out. Total time (even going to Harbor Freight) was a little over an hour.

Back