Open Invitation to All Lightning Lovers to Join our Chapter

L

Lightning Bob

Hello Everyone!

If you live in or near the great State of Illinois and own or Love first or second generation Ford Lightnings, we need you to become charter members in what will be the best local chapter of the National Lightning Owners Club. No extra membership fees are required, but we would like you to be members of the NLOC. What you will get out of it is meeting some of the best people in the world, all willing to share their secrets on making your Lightning perform better. We will try to plan outings designed to test the limits of our trucks. Our first event will be to go drag racing at Byron Dragway, conveniently located (at least to some)in the north central part of the state near Byron, Il. on Sunday August 6th.
See: http://www.byrondragway.com/
We have some people from the Quad Cities, Indiana, and many more from the greater Chicagoland area who have already expressed interest in attending this event.
Please try to make it to Byron on Sunday August 6th. so we can get input and discuss future plans for our chapter. One other idea I had was that since, many of us (including myself) have only experienced straight line racing, I would like to plan at least one autocross event, maybe at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, near the Wisconsin border in South Beloit, IL in the near future.
See: http://blackhawkfarms.com/
Think about that, we can talk about it at Byron.

Illinois has one of the highest populations of Lightning owners in the USA. With that in mind, we should be able to learn many performance and handling tricks from each other, things we might not have thought of on our own. What works, and what's not worth wasting your money on.
If we pool our resources, we should be able to make a very respectable showing at next years World Ford Challenge, which will again be hosted by Gateway International Speedway in Madison, Il just east of St. Louis in May 2001. Those guys from the East Coast put up a very strong showing at this years event. If you missed this years WFC, it was awesome.
I gotta go for now. Please feel free to contact me at lightning_624of4000@yahoo.com if you have any questions regarding any of the above.

Lightning Bob
NLOC #442

[This message has been edited by Lightning Bob (edited 07-27-2000).]

Lighning Bob,
You move in fast and mysterious ways....Lets see if we can get RobG to make some cool window stickers up.We need a LOGO!Anyway Ive been holding off on my NLOC membership till i get some good pics of my truck to send in with my money.Hopefully this week.See ya in August.

If you have a mailing list for ILLNESS, put me on it. I'm over here in central Iowa. I'd love to finally run my truck on a big track like Blackhawk farm. I attend some SCCA Solo 2 events in central Iowa.

The name is so cool. For the logo, how about a seringe (sp?) with a lightning bolt as the needle? with ILLNESS on the side of the seringe. Maybe something about "We've got your cure!"

Hello, I live here in Southern Illinois. Not alot of L's that I know of around here, only 3-4 plus mine. If anyone is close let me know. I'll be at Gateway to try to defend the Street class next year. Let me know of any get togethers u guys have, I'm 1/2 an hour from Mt. Vernon.
Jarret Bencie
NLOC#429
Blk.'93 #524

Daniniowa,

Does Cedar Falls still have NITA (sp?) dragway in operation? I am originally from Independence, IA. I'd love to get-together sometime!
smile.gif
How far are you from Earlville, or Dyersville?

Later,
Jake...

------------------
2000 Black Lightning
NLOC #476
PSP full meal deal
Level 10 shift kit
SnugLid
BedRug
Wet Okole seat covers

jacobs@revealed.net

THNDRN,
come on up to Byron on the 6th of august we'll have a bunch of other guys there.

Hey Everyone,

GOOD NEWS!!!

I finally spoke to Ron Leek from Byron Dragway. He said August 6th would be a perfect day for our event. He's even going to have some trophies made up specifically for us, no charge as long as we have at least 8 participants (which doesn't look like a problem).

Here's the best part. Guess what Ron drives?
You guessed it! A white Gen 2 Lightning with the full Bassani system! Life don't get much better than this.

Ron told me that in October, Anderson Ford is sponsoring an event at Byron that will have a
Lightning specific class in it. More info will follow.

Lets find more people to get out there to make August 6th a real memorable event.

Lightning Bob

P.S.'s

DaninIowa, I'm originally from Dubuque and have traveled to Earlville, Iowa's impressive Tri-State Raceway to drag race with Reality1 and Baby Jake. Maybe you'd like to join us there as well.

THNDRN, ROBG travels to Clinton, IL to get his L run on the dyno at Anderson Ford, you have to reciprocate and come up to Byron on the 6th. Hope to see you there.

Zorprime, Ron at Byron is anxious to see your white wheels!

Lightning Bob, count me in on the 6th!!Don't know if I'll be racing but I'll sure show up! Also, can I sign up to be a membre down there? I tried to sign up at WFC but no one seemed to want to talk to me!
See ya there,

------------------
Curt
'93 Red Lightning #4232
Purdue here I come!!!

Lightning Struck,

Looking forward to meeting you, probably again, as I might have talked to you in St. Louis. It was kind of hetic at times there, and Trace, the vice president of the club who takes care of memberships was racing her Mustang, so she was in and out of our pit area frequently. Sorry if you felt left out there, but I'm sure we can make that up to you. I'll contact her and see what needs to be done to sign you up, as well as anyone else who might want to join at this point. See you there.

Lightning Bob

Lightning Bob

Baby Jake,

I don't know if the Cedar Falls track is still open. I heard that it was closed, but I haven't confirmed it. I'm attending Iowa State University in Ames.

I've been wanting to race at Eddieville. It's only 1/8 mile, but supposed to be really nice track and facilities. I also would like to get to Earlville, because it is a 1/4 mile track, or Cordova.

Unfortunately, I'll be on my motorcycle somewhere out west during the Aug 6th get together.

Daniniowa,

I would choose Earlville over Cordova any day! Earlville is concrete from start to finish and traction is excellent. I live about 15 minutes from Cordova, but I still drive an hour and a half to race at Earville.
smile.gif

Hey guys, I am from Carthage, Illinois and when I race, I go to Cordova or Eddeyville or even Havanna Illinois (1/8). But I would be interested in running with you. Keep in touch.

John Wilde

WildOne

Can you make to Byron next Sunday? I'd love to have you come to this event to get this club started on the right foot (accelerator pedal, you know). If not we will meet up at another event down the road.

See ya,

Lightning Bob

Lightning Bob,
I was doing some recruiting last night in barrington.As far as i know right now there will be 1 white gen 1 showin up too.I forget the guy's name but he said he'll put the word out and get some more L's together for the 6th.Im all excited!!!!The more the merrier guys!

What time is everything going on Sun.
Cause I got about a 5 hour drive ahead of me if I was to go. I'm going to Gateway Sat. to watch the Ford Festival 2000. Its sat and sun.
See ya
THNDRN
Jarret Bencie
NLOC429
'93 #524

Lighting Bob,
I doubt I can make it to Byron on this short of notice. I would have to pack the family up and go, and it is about 4 1/2 hours (one way) to Byron for me. Maybe next time.

John Wilde

Back