Oookay.. May need some local help

Jclev

I vented my block last weekend, does anyone here in Oklahoma have any experience with motor swap? I'm probably going to go with mhp built long block but I may need help sometime in the next month pulling the engine, has anyone done this before?

Sfmip

I've pulled a cummins motor and a 4cyl motor but I feel over my head with this one for some reason, I won't have my long block for another month but I'd like to pull my stock engine out to see what all exactly I damaged I mainly just need another opinion

Sfmip

I vented my block last weekend, does anyone here in Oklahoma have any experience with motor swap? I'm probably going to go with mhp built long block but I may need help sometime in the next month pulling the engine, has anyone done this before?

Sfmip

Dude, that sucks... I am always worried about doing that to mine when I get my foot in her (it's got 161,000 miles :scared1:). I have never pulled a 5.4 from an F-150 yet... done a couple of foxbody mustangs and a 90's model chevy short-wide. If you have all the tools and equipment needed to pull the old setup I would be willing to offer a hand. I'd like to help someone through it at least once before mine goes south so I will know exactly how to tackle the swap.

4O5-6l8-287O - give me a text/call if you want.

I've never done it myself. But would like to be involved just to see what all is involved. I drive mine easy for the most part, and its got low miles and low boost, so I hope mine lasts until its got 161,000 miles on it.

I pulled mine at 123k. Nothing wrong with it but I was tired of being afraid. It was nice to get rid of the 4 thread heads as well!

Shop is the only thing o don't have yet, I have a cherry picker I can borrow and I'm just gonna go buy a stand sometime this month, no transmission jack either. I'm debating on pulling it out to my parents house near Purcell but it's just a long drive

Sfmip

Back