OK, Where Are The Open Track Registrations?

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
Hello to all the "Twisty Folks",;w

We are again planning to have an Open Track event at Lightning/Harley TruckFest....but so far only 6 have signed up?????:? Last year we lost on this event "big time" and if there isn't more interest soon, we will have to re-think having the event this year.

This one day event costs a lot of money, and it seems everyone wants the event, but no one is ready to pay for the class??

Now is the time for you and all of your friends to register and pay for the class. We are even offering the event to non-truck drivers. If this class does not show "real interest" by the end of June, we will have to consider cancelling the Open Track portion of the event.

You asked for this event and must support it now.

Thanks,

...Dwight...

no!

Don't cancel it. I have dreams about the open road course. I'll sign up next week!!
I am either going to tow my wife Focus SVT with me or my Dad's R model (i know- tough life).

Everyone else - sign up !!

I see your point big D.I would say if you don't get enough by the end of june cancell it.I know it is the most expensive of the program.I will post that you need to sign up by then or else no OT.Stan

Big D. I got engaged and had to sell the lightning but my buddy and I are going to take our SVT foci out on the track.

Count me in!

Hi Forcefedcobra,

Register and send your money then...and be sure to tell friends that they are welcome to register and run anything on the OT event.

Big D. I spoke with my buddy and he also wants to attend since he lives in Topeka.

I wanted to ask a few questions before we both register. If you guys decide to drop the open track will we get our money refunded? I understand that if the event is rained out we will not get a refund correct?

Thanks,

Brandon

That is correct...if we cancel the OT, all of those that paid, will get a refund of the Open Track cost!

...Dwight...

Cool. I will be registering this weekend and calling my buddy and giving him the link so he can register. If I need anymore help I will let you know,

Thanks Big D,

B

Well I've sent my money in and if you cancel the OT its not worth having the event. I still very strongly disagree with throwing the OT for the last event. It should be one of the first with drag racing being the grand ending since there are more drag that OT. But you have to open the OT up to all makes and models. We have learned the hard way threw the SVTOA.

Alex

Open Track is Open to all makes and models...check out the registration and posts in this section.

Big D, It will cost me $135 to run the OT in my SVT focus and that will also get me and my fiance in to watch the drags the two previous days correct? What do I need to check on the payment box?

Also this will be my first OT. Do I need to buy or bring a certified helmet or will that be provided? I noticed last year that most of the first timers had an instructor and helmets that allowed them to communicate while driving. Do they provide that?

Thanks,

B

The instructor last year provided the communication... but I don't think all the instructors had the earpiece equipment.

Helmet - I bought one last year - cannot be an "M" helmet (motorcycle) ... BigD can probably elaborate.

john

Yeah it has to be rated for multiple impacts. Roll bar, window, roof, roll bar, window, roof! LOL!

I may just check with a local bike shop and see what they could get me. I think Simpson is the main brand as far as an open face goes.

Thanks,

B

Hello forcefedcobra,

I assume that you are not an NLOC member, and with that assumption, here are the numbers:

Cost for Sunday OT only $135 + 2 spectators for 2 days 2 x $10 = $40---total $175

Cost for event (non-member) $95 + OT $75---$170 (this includes a second persons entry for all three days)

Cost for event (member) $75 + OT $75---$150 (this includes a second persons entry for all three days)...so join the NLOC, save money, and have fun in the pits with all of the folks attending the event!

Those that are spectators on Friday and Saturday, cannot attend the BBQ and must park in the spectator lot (not the pits) on the days when a spectator entry is used.

Note: The registration fee will increase after 30 June!:(

All the helmet information is covered in this link:
http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66070

Whoa, you can not charge spectators!!!;c I've been to events where they have tried this. It dosn't work!! And you WANT people to come see your event, it may get them hooked. And its not about paying the money its there isn't a product to sell. It just dosn't work and pisses off the person that might want to try it next year.

Alex

If I'm reading this right- it's only $10 for a spectator per day. If you're a NLOC member- you can bring someone with you for free ...
I vote it's fair.
:)
john

Hello John,

Yes, each registered vehicle comes with a driver and 1 spectator/helper included (NLOC/NHTOC Member or Non-member alike). This year we will have spectator tickets at $10/day or $15/event. The spectators will park in the spectator parking area (not the pits), and enter through the spectator gate, just like any commercial event. We will be advertising the event in KC, Wichita, Topeka.

We are running this as a business, and as such the event must pay for itself.

...Dwight...

Since when can you not charge spectators?? I just paid $50 for two days to hang out with my buddies and watch a few drag strip passes...

well dangit. I hope more signup. I have paid my dues on this. Comeon people, this is fun stuff to do. I can't believe only 8 people have signed up and paid. :bm:

Back