Oil Pan and DSS Girdle

rusty_408

Rusty
I Support the NLOC
I spent too long searching and not finding confidence with what to do.

Building a 408w. Have the DSS main girdle and DSS windage tray. I've ruled out Canton from things I've read about clearance issues. I've narrowed my choice of oil pans down to these.

Does anyone have any experience with getting an aftermarket higher capacity pan to fit with this DSS setup? Will small kickouts clear Kooks LT Headers?

Moroso 20520
Reading this is seems like it'll work, but their combos mentioned used a DSS girdle and Moroso's windage tray. I read another one that said i'd have to clearance the girdle for the dipsitck with my combo.

Kevko F508
Worried about the driver's side clearance on the cross member. May also need to tweak the crank scraper

Kevko F405
Little more expensive, but looks like it'll work. May still need to tweak the scraper.

DSS OP7058D
DSS told me that this is the only one guaranteed to fit their internals. Description says "Works with most short and longtube headers"., but the kickouts worry me.
https://shop.dssracing.com/product_p/op7058d.htm

Not sure if this will help with your pan-to-header clearance worries, but my rig has a Canton pan and girdle, and the pan looks very similar to the DSS pan in the link. Only difference I see is that the Canton pan doesn't flare out at the bottom like that DSS pan. I have a set of Pickrel (Heddman) headers (3/4" primaries, 3" collector) and there's plenty of room between the sides of the pan and the headers.

I guess the small kickout only worries me with access to the starter. Bobby helped me find some photos that helped. Right now i'm kind on leaning towards the kevko truck pan.

Back