Oil leaking from upper Right side of engine

I also have the dreaded head gasket leak/ weeping and oil collecting in the galley of my '04. There is a TSB on this you can get from Ford or someone here may have it. It says that the leak is not detrimental to the durability or performance of the motor,,unless of course it completely ruptures then it well need to be replaced. I'm just living with the leak at 95k and it migrates everywhere. It just kills me to think of replacing both gaskets and then a valve job and then maybe you will need to replace the heads. Just live with it is my suggestion. Let me know what you figure out. Thanks. Phil in Santa Ynez, Ca.

RH oil leak

The fix for the leak is pretty straight forward. you only have to replace the RH head gasket and the gaskets associated with the removal of the head (V/C gaskets, intake gaskets and intake gaskets as well as the head bolts) if the engine is running smoothly there is no need to grind the valves and there is rarely any addition work that needs to be done to the motor. It is labor intensive but its not that big of a deal to repair. I have done dozens of them when I worked in Ford dealerships and once the updated gasket is in the leak is gone.

Back