Off line

I will try to get some data logging done it will probably be next weekend before I can do much more with it, I have done some auto tune but it will not get this lean issue taken care of I’ve tried twice today and gone over everything I could think of and had no luck it runs and drives great but it has no WOT at all.

Honestly without a datalog it’s just guesses. But add 30% or so to your VE table in the RPM range it goes lean. Once we have a data log then you can make informed decisions. You also need a datalog for WOT tuning as Auto Tune is disabled starting at 60% throttle IIRC

Honestly without a datalog it’s just guesses. But add 30% or so to your VE table in the RPM range it goes lean. Once we have a data log then you can make informed decisions. You also need a datalog for WOT tuning as Auto Tune is disabled starting at 60% throttle IIRC
I will have to look into that. IIRC I watched my auto tune work at WOT.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Do you have the O2 correction turned on? If so how much is it correcting?

All these things are in the tune & datalog. That’s why on the Stinger forum you have to upload the tune & datalog

You really don't want it autotuning at high loads. That's where the viewer comes in and you sculpt the upper reaches (and lower limits) of the VE table by hand.

I don't use autotune, either live or in the viewer, or o2 correction at WOT. I build those regions with guidance from the tools.

If they ever give us richer-only o2 correction at wot, then I'll certainly use that.

You also need to look at your afr correction targets and authority table to see if they make sense.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

It's important to note that if it is truly as lean as you are seeing, then Auto Tune, if enabled, couldn't fix it anyway there's simply too much to correct and it will only correct up to a certain %.

Once you get a data log then you can start to identify in what region of the VE table it's lean, at what RPM, and load etc. Then it is as simple as making the change. Let's say you want 12.5:1 but you see 20:1 you divide 20 by 12.5 20/12.5=1.6 if you multiply the region of your VE table by that you add 60% fuel.

**However I want to see a data log because other issues might be occuring and I would hate to see you dump 60% fuel on another problem.

So I have managed to fumble my way through my lean issues. Now I have purchased a supercharger from a fellow member and was wondering if retarding timing can be handled through the pimp system or do I need to go with like a MSD 6BTM box. I have ordered new AFR Renegade 185 heads and all the accompanying components and a E303 cam but want to gather the right components for this supercharger this is another adventure I’ve never been on.

So I have managed to fumble my way through my lean issues. Now I have purchased a supercharger from a fellow member and was wondering if retarding timing can be handled through the pimp system or do I need to go with like a MSD 6BTM box. I have ordered new AFR Renegade 185 heads and all the accompanying components and a E303 cam but want to gather the right components for this supercharger this is another adventure I’ve never been on.

Yes all your timing and fueling needs are handled through the XShift. You're going to want to sit down and read through the manual(s), I know it's daunting at first, but you don't want to be learning on a supercharged engine.

Yes sir it’s been quite the learning curve for me I may get the thing running good enough to drive it over to the tuner when this is all said a done. Reallly wasn’t the direction I was going to go but I have been talking to the folks at Mahle piston and they can’t guarantee a set of pistons until maybe September and that seems to be the problem with several parts I got lucky and summit had these heads so this is the path for now anyway thanks for the reply. Just making sure I wasn’t buying something I don’t need! Thanks again

Get the heads and the cam installed and work on tuning the motor like that without the supercharger first.

Yes sir it’s been quite the learning curve for me I may get the thing running good enough to drive it over to the tuner when this is all said a done. Reallly wasn’t the direction I was going to go but I have been talking to the folks at Mahle piston and they can’t guarantee a set of pistons until maybe September and that seems to be the problem with several parts I got lucky and summit had these heads so this is the path for now anyway thanks for the reply. Just making sure I wasn’t buying something I don’t need! Thanks again
I am going to recommend that you invest time and money in training. Not that I think you are being mislead. From personal experience the tuning process and the conversations here made more sense after I spent time on training videos from
https://evansperformanceacademy.vhx.tv/products/megasquirt-master-training-course

It won't cover the trans control part but he covers everything else. Buy the package or pay for a month of access and record the videos for later. I strongly suggest his basic and advance fuel injection tuning courses as well. They teach the fundamentals of tuning.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back