Odd shifter issue

slow94

While back I replaced a broken shifter cable which sucked. Yesterday and today I noticed when started, the truck would not go into any of the gears. It was stuck in park. Now, if truck is off I can just turn the ignition forward touch and I can make it go through the gears. I can start it in neutral this way and go into all gears but if I go back to park I'm stuck. I can get it to shift out of park but it will shut the truck off as I have to pull back the key just a hair to get it to move which cuts power. Also what is weird is that if I do finagle it to get it to drive it won't shift out of first gear unless I manually put in 2nd. I checked fuse 13 and 18 which goes to shift interlock but those were fine. Possibly an ignition cylinder bad? Never had such an issue.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Do the brake lights work? Shifter feels tight? Otherwise almost has to be a problem with the shifter interlock solenoid.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Do the brake lights work? Shifter feels tight? Otherwise almost has to be a problem with the shifter interlock solenoid.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
Brake lights work just confirmed. Shifter is a *bit* tight but not crazy. I will look into the interlock solenoid I suppose.

Little short video of what it's doing to help visually.

Eh, mine kind of did that but it had to do with the steering wheel lock. Turn your wheel and feel for the detent to unlock/lock.

I jacked up the front and let it down in just the right position to put pressure on the lock - kinda similar but talk about panic mode when you can’t turn or switch the key ignition.

Eh, mine kind of did that but it had to do with the steering wheel lock. Turn your wheel and feel for the detent to unlock/lock.

I jacked up the front and let it down in just the right position to put pressure on the lock - kinda similar but talk about panic mode when you can’t turn or switch the key ignition.
Well I have driven the truck twice now with this issue so I'm thinking it isn't that. I'm wondering if this issue is related to the non shifting issue as well when driving. I checked voltages going through the gears and they are all what I have in tuner studio as well.

Well I ended up finding the issue. It was fuse 18. I have an add a fuse there and I couldn't see the break. The break was almost unnoticeable without a light shining at it.

Back