Octoberfest

Dbl G

Banned
O.K. Kiddie’s it is that time of year again.
For what you say??
The Third annual Oktoberfest in Helen Ga., each year it draws more and more. This last year I think we had around 17 or Trucks and three or four other real nice rides motoring in.
This a weekend gig, same hotel each year,,, Plenty of parking,,, Walking distance to Beautiful down town Helen Ga.
If anybody needs it, the hotel for the last two years was the "Motel 6", and the number is (706) 878-8888. I have been called and notified they remember us, but I never gave a final date. They will give you a good rate if somebody calls and lets them know its the NLOC Truck Club.
The now firm dates are Oct. 12th (Friday - Sunday a.m) - 14th.......

Some others as well;
Motel 6 - Helen - Helen, GA Motel
Helen Hotels: Compare Hotels in Helen GA | Priceline.com
Best Western Alpine Helen, Helen Georgia
Ramada | Helen Georgia Hotel | Helen, GA 30545 | Near Helen Water Park - adjacent to hotel, Nora Mills - 1 blk & Bavarian Mountain Mini Golf - 2 blks

There will be some DMR give a ways,,,, a gas power Margarita Blender operated by the one and only Slowtruk…..
We had folk’s come from four different states last year, be sure not to miss the Contaminated swim meet, a sure way to lose some money!!!

There will be some DMR give a ways,,,, a gas power Margarita Blender operated by the one and only Slowtruk…..
We had folk’s come from four different states last year, be sure not to miss the Contaminated swim meet, a sure way to lose some money!!!

This quaint Bavarian Village is nestled in the foot hills of the Appalachian Mountains; yes those are Banjo’s playing…. Damm Inbreeds.
This year I think we should set the Bears free baby……….

P.S. this is a family event folk's Plenty too do , from Trout fishing , Rafting/Tubing, Shopping till ya drop, Restaurants, Hiking, Mountain Climbing/Rappelling, Bars & Gift shop's gaa-lllll-lour!!!

P.S.S. The Hotel we use does allow pet’s,,, That’s correct,, There family also!

Alpine Helen Georgia Convention and Visitors Bureau - Blue Ridge Mountains on the Chattahoochee River

October Fest in Helen, Ga. - National Harley Truck Owners Club

Develop-Mental Racing

Last edited:
DMR give-a-way's ?????
Family affair !!!!!!!! No strip clubs in the area ??:thumbup::thumbup: 17 '' L 's ''
Squeele like a pig !! I'll be there Garrett !!!

I just went through the posts from the last two years. Yeah, it's a pain to organize this, and most people won't commit until the day before, but gosh it is SOOOO worth it. I think everybody who has gone has had a great time, and those who keep missing it, are really missing something cool. It's nice to have the hotel, with protected parking, so close to the bars and eatin' places so nobody has to drive once we get there. We've had a few folks drink too much (who, not me?) but no one's ever got hurt.

Yep, I'm all the way in for this year again. The weekend we pick doesn't matter.

Ed, it rains every year, but you can always drive the Mustang.

Fade, I hope you make it this year (finally) since I need somebody else to keep sober with. Helen is a hard place for a recovering alky like me.

Garrett, bring more film. The post from the 2005 trip lost all the pics - can you repost them if you still have any?

Alex, start taking anti-biotics now to build up your immune system.

Tyler, you better find a way to make it.

Beau, are we bringing wives again this year?

Bryan, dude... dude.... dude....... you gotta be there.

I know there were more folks there, I just can't seem to remember them all.

Seriously good time.

Oktoberfest in "Alpine" Helen Georgia

Last edited:
I'll be there, hopefully to watch some football and talk trash to some UGA fans

Yeah, when a date is decided I will be able to make a better decision too. I'd like to make it. However, if I do it would be late on a Friday night before I got there.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell
that sux's :no:

I'll be there if we can avoid the 6th and 27th of OCT. And if the money is right, I'll try to top what I did last year.

edit: I'll be there... Oct is going to put me in the poor house. Anyone looking for a bunk buddy?

DblG,

That is WAY later than we did for the first two years. Did you pick that date for a reason? I was thinking in September (warmer) but not on Petit weekend.

DblG,

That is WAY later than we did for the first two years. Did you pick that date for a reason? I was thinking in September (warmer) but not on Petit weekend.

That is so thoughtful of you to consider temperature for my swimming excursions.

:thumbup:

Back