Oasis

Joyride7849

I would enjoy seeing an OASIS report and any warranty information you can dig up on my 1999 Lightning VIN 2FTZF0732XCA70317.

BTW big thanks for sharing your resources.:eek:ldtu:

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION
1999 F-SERIES LD BODY STYLE
F-150 REG CAB FLARE SIDE 4X2 ENGINE
5.4L SOHC EFI S/C
TRANSMISSION
4R100 HD 4-SP O/D AXLE CODE
H9 ENGINE CALIBRATION
9VZAAKBA
WARNING MESSAGES
CUDL - THIS VEHICLE HAS A CLOSED CUDL CONTACT
ARN MESSAGES
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION
WARRANTY START DATE
05/12/1999 BUILD DATE
04/28/1999 SALE MILEAGE

OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS
NO CAMPAIGN MESSAGE(S) FOUND
EXTENDED COVERAGES
NO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLE
WARRANTY REPAIR HISTORY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07/26/2007

DEALER: Reynolds Ford of OKC, Inc.
WARRANTY CLAIM NUMBER: 133774 ODOMETER: 016803M
PART NUMBER PART DESCRIPTION QUANTITY
LABOR OP
CONDITION CODE
CONDITION DESC
4W1Z 14A411BC WIRE ASY MAIN JUMPER 001 05S28D
16803 COMPLETED FSA 05S28 INSTALLED CRUISE HARNESS TECH 52
Click Here for Full Warranty History
| On-line 1878

blown spark plugs

I know this topic has top billing around NLOC board, but I would like an expert opinion.
My 1999 Gen 2 is a low mileage unmolested truck that I intend to drive in stock configuation. Being a mechanic by trade I understand that normally if you follow maintenance procedures as written in the tech manuals, use proper tools, and common sense, you should have no problem completing any task successfully.
With this thought, what is your opinion with regards to the plug issue? If completed as per instructions, using a torque wrench, careful not to cross-thread during installation etc...would a person have to worry about a plug departing? Are the earlier heads so fragile that failure is just a matter of time?
Should retorquing plugs at certain intervals be a part of my maintenance program?
Thanks in advance

I know this topic has top billing around NLOC board, but I would like an expert opinion.
My 1999 Gen 2 is a low mileage unmolested truck that I intend to drive in stock configuation. Being a mechanic by trade I understand that normally if you follow maintenance procedures as written in the tech manuals, use proper tools, and common sense, you should have no problem completing any task successfully.
With this thought, what is your opinion with regards to the plug issue? If completed as per instructions, using a torque wrench, careful not to cross-thread during installation etc...would a person have to worry about a plug departing? Are the earlier heads so fragile that failure is just a matter of time?
Should retorquing plugs at certain intervals be a part of my maintenance program?
Thanks in advance

The head design is not the best on the early heads, Ford knew this and there is a TSB and SSM or this. You should not have a issue if you are just driving around normally...

question about a reman. longblock... how can you tell if its a regular F-150 or a lightning longblock? the plate on the block has a date of Aug. 2006.

could I trouble you to look at mine the milage seems strange for the year
2ftzf07361cb01446 thanks

OASIS does not give me miles. Check a car fax and make sure there are no accidents. But here is the oasis.

OASIS RESULT:
2FTZF07361CB01446
08/05/2008
16:34:36
FCXWS446
© Copyright 2002-2008 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.

VEHICLE INFORMATION
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION
2001 F-SERIES LD BODY STYLE
F-150 REG CAB FLARE SIDE 4X2 ENGINE
5.4L SOHC EFI S/C
TRANSMISSION
4R100 HD 4-SP O/D AXLE CODE
B6 ENGINE CALIBRATION
1F514Y0A
WARNING MESSAGES
INCLUDES SVT PREMIUM SERVICE: LOANER-WASH-VACUUM
ARN MESSAGES
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION
WARRANTY START DATE
10/13/2001 BUILD DATE
08/07/2001 SALE MILEAGE

OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS
05S28
PERFORM PRIOR TO VEHICLE DELIVERY: SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH
EXTENDED COVERAGES
NO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLE
WARRANTY REPAIR HISTORY
NO RECENT REPAIR HISTORY ON VEHICLE
Click Here for Full Warranty History
| On-line 1878
END OF OASIS REPORT FOR 2FTZF07361CB01446

Oasis report request

Would you please run an OASIS report on my truck. My truck is a 2004 and the VIN is 2FTRF07374CA44565. Thanks in advance!

Back