O2 sensor factory wiring

Yea I'm going to try and do that tomorrow. So purple/orange is should be my power, grey/blue should be signal, black should be chassis ground and orange should be electronic ground from ecm. Which if looking at the spartan 3 paper work purple/orange goes to 1 and 3 pin which it say it can be same power source just have to use correct fuse. Orange goes to 2 pin. Black goes to 4 pin and grey/blue goes to 6 pin

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I'll try and confirm my find and information as soon at I can so this can be useful to other who want to use the spartan 3.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

So for the spartan 3 you can't use the orange wire are a electronics ground. You have to wire like the spartan 2 and tie the electronic ground to the lsu heater ground

Wanted to pop this back up and say thanks for making this so easy! Finally got my Spartan 2 for the white truck, and these notes, along with Jamie's efforts, made it a piece of cake.

One additional note is that you don't want to use the orange to gray to black unless you tie pin 49 to a ground. It's not an active ground in the PxS.

Tie the Spartan 2's black and white leads together, and then tie them to the black lead in the 4-pin O2 harness.

This is how I wired my 93...

Factory wire - Spartan 2
Black - White
Purple/Orange - Red
Grey/Blue - Green
Orange - Black

Now what really screwed me up was using the wiring from the O2 sensor as a harness to retain the factory plug. It took some time to figure out which of those wires went where as they were colored...

O2 sensor - Spartan 2
White - White
White - Red
Black - Green
Grey - Black

So this is really how mine is wired, and I suggest you check your wiring to make sure the colors are the same.

Factory wire - O2 sensor - Spartan 2
Black - White - White
Purple/Orange - White - Red
Grey/Blue - Black - Green
Orange - Grey - Black

Now that I look at the wiring diagram for the Spartan 3 I'm not sure how much of this info will help. :headscratch:

Last edited:
Back