Not Connected

lightn95

Not sure whatbis going on. I did the PimpShift install with the stock motor and strim. Got it running, with no major issues. I did a complete motor and combo swap and the only thing I touched on the Pimp was adding a wire in the expansion harness for a dual sync distributor.
Jeff sent me a startup tune for the 120lb injectors. when we went to connect the laptop to the Ecu to upload Jeff's tune, the two wont connect. Now I'm getting error messages about CAN ID and a bunch of other crap.

I'll try to post pictures of the error messages. Has anyone else had this? I've posted the question on the stinger forum but haven't really gotten an answer yet.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=66379

This is the exact same issue I'm having but some of the parameters are different with the Stinger.

It's really being weird, I haven't seen this kind of communication error.

Just a couple of additional items - I edited the tune on a computer that has never been connected to an ECU. I only changed fuel-related settings for the new injectors. This morning, I loaded the tune on my truck and it ran well enough considering the different-sized injectors and differences in ignition system.

It's really being weird, I haven't seen this kind of communication error.

Just a couple of additional items - I edited the tune on a computer that has never been connected to an ECU. I only changed fuel-related settings for the new injectors. This morning, I loaded the tune on my truck and it ran well enough considering the different-sized injectors and differences in ignition system.

It's almost like each ECU has a different set of CAN communication codes. After a lot of direction from Raymond, I compared the stock tune that worked, after I reflashed the ECU, to the one you sent me. And the CAN # were off. I adjusted them to the stock #s and the laptop and ecu connected..

So did the tune Jeff sent you load and the engine start?

Not yet. I got everything to connect. But it seems like its not getting spark when I turn the motor over. I think because my dizzy is different, I need to change the settings in TS for a dual sync.... but I'm not sure what to change yet... I'm waiting to hear back on the Stinger forum. And Raymond said he'll be home Monday, he might be able to see what settings I need to change.

Murphy's Law of Moving.

I had to rebuild the motor and get the turbo setup adjusted in a thrash before I moved. Ended up leaving the truck in Indy to get the turbo mods completed, but the truck was drivable. In the end, I went back, threw the naturally aspirated exhaust on it, and drove it from Indy to Raleigh. I didn't want to have to deal with... the tune.

Ug.

Back