Northwood Auto Show

gasguzzler

Grasshoppa'
Hey Guys,
I know Chuck said he was interested in coming up to this and hopefully others will too. It is coined as the world's largest outdoor new car show and features cars from virtually every manufacturer. This year it is on Oct. 4,5,6 in Midland, MI. Just as an update, we should be getting the 03 GT-40, an old 63 GT-40, Bigfoot #1, the LightningRod concept, a 360 Ferrari, two new Maserattis, and some Berger Chevrolet modified cars (SS, Z06, Extreme Blazer) among many, many others. Just thought this would gain some interest:tu: I will keep you updated - Brian

Brian, remind me to get this on the calendar!! I think we need to plan a road trip to come up there this year.

Looks like it could be fun. I didn't notice, do you had to preregister to show your car? Or just show up & they tell you where to park? Thanks for the heads up on this! :tu:

Chuck let us know if a convoy is getting set up. :D

Just show up! The classic car show is basically just a supplement to the new car show. Last year was the first year for it. There is no registration fee and there will probably only be a couple trophies (I need to check on that). Last year we probably had like 50 cars show up and this year I think we are marketing it much harder, so we're hoping for many, many more. I would say think of it more like a cruise in for classic cars and a mini Detroit Auto Show for new stuff. Does that sound accurate Chuck? I'm on the executive board for the show, so I'm one of the 12 students in charge of the show. It is entirely student run. Thanks - Brian

Brian I posted it on the main page and the forum!! So far it looks me and the rdy2rac's, but hopefully we get more!!

Just an update: It doesn't sound like the GT-40s are gonna make it due to reasons beyond our control;m We will have one or two unveilings of new vehicles here, but they aren't American. It looks like we'll have a couple cool dragsters and a 410 Outlaw sprint car:tu: - Brian

Just a reminder that the show is this weekend. Almost everything is set up now. We have three nascars, tons of concepts including the Lightning Rod, the new Mach 1, Honda Element, Lincoln Continental concept, Pontiac Pirhana, and many, many more. The show looks awesome! It is worth the drive. Thanks - Brian

:( Unfortunateky, we won't be able to come. With Robert taking last weekend off he has to work this weekend. I was looking forward to showing to show my truck for the first time.

Brian it looks like me and the old lady will be able to attend. I had a good time at the show last year. Hopefully nothing comes up tonight!

Hey gasguzzler...you say this is entirely student run? Uhh...so are any of these students Fe-male and under 24 or anything?;) I TECHNICALLY have plans tomorrow.....but I'm shure a few things could be pushed aside for a car show if a slew of the "Fe-male variety" were going to be in attendance....;p

"I dont wanna grow up....'cause I'm an M.S.U. kid....I live every daaayyy for a little pooontaaangg!"LOL

Anyway, whats the turnout like?

Hey Frgetit, I don't think this show is worth coming up for to check out girls. Yes, there are some mighty fine looking ones working, but it's Northwood and it's a male dominated school:( However, if you love cars, the show is awesome!- Brian

Sorry I didnt make it Brain. I had troubles with the engine and didnt get it installed yet. :( So how did the show turn out?

Sorry to hear of your problems Chuck. The show went really well and I thought overall it looked much better than last year. We had many more concept vehicles than last year also. Hope you can make it next year. - Brian

Back