Non-lightning cam & head questions

mrveetle

Well, here goes. I bought a '94 F4TE Lightning long block and would like to install it in my '63 Falcon Sprint. I'm thinking the motor is designed for torque to move the heavy truck. Naturally I'm looking to increase the HP and Fun Factor. Can anyone recommend a roller cam? Also, what can I do to the GT40heads or am I wasting needed funds on them?
The Falcon has a complete R&C front end so there is lot's of room in the engine compartment. It has a 9in. rear w/3:50 gears and a C4/manual vb. and 3300 stall converter, hedders and 2 1/2" exhaust. With me in it, it weighs 3100#.
Any advice would be appreciated. I hope this is the right thread to post this non-Lightning question. Thanks.
Mrveetle.

really depends on your goals.a stage 1or 2 tfs cam would work well.you keeping it efi or going carbed? I have a friend that was running iron gt40's on a 351 in a foxbody that ran 7.40's in the 1/8 just on motor.

Thanks for the reply James. Yes the motor will be carbed. Did your friend have any kind of work done to the heads? And yes I was thinking about the TFS stage 2 cam but wondered about valve to piston clearance with this shortblock.

Back