No more WFC?

That would be unfortunate and could have bearing on attending in the future..

Thanks for the heads up Vern.

Bob

I definitely will not be going back if it isn't WFC anymore. I liked the fact that it was so big and nothing but Fords. It just won't be worth the travel if it is open to every brand.

The latest on WFC/WSC

The last on the evolution of WFC:

The World Ford Challenge is now the World Street Challenge. The new website is World Street Challenge - worldstreetchallenge.com and will be up and running in October. The event will be in St. Louis, at Gateway, May 15th thru 18th.

Class rules will be done by end of the year. Don't think I'm interested . .

I did not have a good time in indy even though it was only 3 hours from home and said if it was there this year I would probably find something else to do.I always like St.Louis but since it will be all brands I guess I'am done and gonna move on.I would not mind having an all brand race like this at Norwalk ohio at the same just to stick it to george by keeping the midwest boys here and keeping his car count from this area down.Well maybe I will hit the lottery and host one out of my own pocket LOL,I WISH!!

Link says " The site lanuch has been rescheduled to Nov. 1st, 2007" Well, it's now the 4th of Nov. and still not up. If it's like any other race trucks or Lightning's will be pushed to the back or the frist thing cut when running short on time.

does anybody know any info on this years race been going for a few years figured i would check this year out.

WSC Rules

The site isn't going to be up for a couple more weeks (heard that before?)

But, according to info posted on yellowbullet.com forum, here are the truck classes:

WSC1 Street Truck
All-run field. Open Comp format. Handicapped, Sportsman (Full)-Tree (.500) start for any year, make and model trucks only, running 11.60 and slower. Full-chassis or back-half trucks not permitted. Delay boxes, throttle stops and other electronic bracket-racing devices used for the purpose of improving reaction time and ET is prohibited. Transbrake and two-step permitted. Drivers will make three qualifying passes. The quickest ET from the qualifying runs will be a racer's competition index throughout eliminations. A one-tenth breakout (1/10th) allowance is permitted in each round. Deep staging permitted.
The lowest qualifying ET permitted in the Street Truck class is 11.60 any qualifying ET lower than 11.60 will be disqualified. There is no ET limit during eliminations. Competition will be regulated under standard NHRA "First or Worst" competition policy during qualifying and eliminations, in double redlight or double breakout situations.
*This class is designed for trucks only. SUV’s or vans are prohibited.
The class will be qualified by positive reaction time (r/t) closest to “.000” based on a Pro .500 Tree. “.000” is considered perfect. Any negative r/t (-.001, -1.231, etc.) will be placed at the bottom of the qualifying ladder, the more negative the r/t is, the farther down the ladder the run will be placed. For cases in which identical reaction times are made, qualifying position will be based on a first-come first served basis.

RULES & REGULATIONS
Any modifications, vehicle weight, or power adders permitted. Any gear change must occur as a result of an internal function of the transmission or from direct action by the driver. Pneumatic, electric, hydraulic, etc. shifters prohibited. Trans-brakes and 2-steps permitted.

IT IS THE COMPETITOR'S RESPONSIBILITY TO INSURE BOTH CAR & DRIVER ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH N.H.R.A. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VEHICLE'S
WSC1 Top Truck
All-run field. Open Comp format. Handicapped, Pro-Tree (.500) start for any year, make, and model trucks running 11.49 or quicker only. Full-chassis or back-half trucks permitted. Delay boxes, throttle stops and other electronic bracket-racing devices used for the purpose of improving reaction time and ET permitted. Transbrake and two-step permitted. Drivers will make three qualifying passes. The quickest ET from the qualifying runs will be a racer's competition index throughout eliminations. A one-tenth breakout (1/10th) allowance is permitted in each round. Deep staging permitted.

The class will be qualified by positive reaction time (r/t) closest to “.000” based on a Pro .500 Tree. “.000” is considered perfect. Any negative r/t (-.001, -1.231, etc.) will be placed at the bottom of the qualifying ladder, the more negative the r/t is, the farther down the ladder the run will be placed. For cases in which identical reaction times are made, qualifying position will be based on a first-come first served basis.

Competition will be regulated under standard NHRA "First or Worst" competition policy during qualifying and eliminations, in double redlight or double breakout situations.

*This class is designed for trucks only. SUV’s or vans are prohibited. There are no specific rules to the class because this class is an Open Comp-style class. Follow the above description only.

IT IS THE COMPETITORS RESPONSIBILITY TO INSURE BOTH CAR & DRIVER ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH NHRA SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VEHICLE’S PERFORMANCE LEVEL.

There will supposedly also be a Diesel Class.

Also, some of the fastest classes will also allow trucks in, Pro Mod, PS Outlaw, Drag Radial, but you have to look at the rules, particularly cubic inch and tire size restrictions.

Back