No Bank2 O2 sensor voltage

ZZZZAP

striking twice
For some reason I am not getting any voltage (per my xcal2) on the bank 2 (drivers side?) 02 sensor. I e-mailed JJ a datalog last week and he replied back and said that it might either be unplugged or dead since the PCM is trimming off of the working o2. I crawled under the truck and it sure wasn't unplugged so I went ahead and replaced it. Now with a brand new o2 sensor I am still not getting any voltage on the bank2 sensor, has anyone seen this before? I'm getting extremely frustrated with all these issues I seem to be having with what should be a simple e-mail tune (no fault of JJ's at all). At this point I don't know if it's the truck or the xcal. When setting up the logfile in Livelink4 something doesn't seem right because I have 3 parameters for "o2_voltage_bank1_front" but only 2 for "o2_voltage_bank2_front". Can anybody point me in the right direction??

Depending on the strategy, Livelink won't pick up that PID in that build. In saying that, the computer won't trim from the other bank thats just false. My guess is it's your XCal and or Livelink. The reason that I'm lead to believe that is because your not throwing any codes. Depending on the bitmap and what the computer will test for first, you would throw a code in a matter of seconds or minutes and it sounds like you've driven it.

I think the sensor is working, the computer is adjusting correct. What are your fuel trims on that bank? Do they move around and are they identical in every way to the other bank?

Try another logger.

It does the same thing whether I use Livelink 3 or 4. Maybe I should try pass-thru datalogging instead. I'm not sure what options I have if my xcal won't pick up that pid, that seems pretty pathetic to me. I'd dare say that windows 98 was better software than what I've experienced from SCT thus far. :rolleyes:

all I see is a word document. I posted on the SCT forums, I'm not sure where to get an answer to this problem.

Back