NMRA and Lightning/HD Truck Reserved Area

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
Due to the effort of Jeff Conley, and with the support of Steve @ ProMedia, the Lightning/HD Trucks and other Ford truck racers will be parking in the same area as 2009. That is the prime area from the 1/8 to 1/4 mile section of the fence and extending out ~50 feet, onto the blacktop. The area will again be reserved and Jeff also will announce Truck Show and special trophies to be given to the Lightning/HD Trucks.

I will leave the rest of the info to be posted by Jeff.

We are supportive of the Joliet event, and remember to register for LightningFest 7 and reserve your hotel room ASAP.:thumbup:

i plan on coming this year to be part of the car show along wiht my mom who has a stage 3 roush she will bring. so my question is does this mean me and her cant park by each other for the show?

Car show is in different section than racer pit area.
Last year it was outside the pits in a grassy area.
If I recall they were not separated by vehicle type so you should be fine.

that what i remembers i thought this was for the show too not just the racers but i got it now. thanks for the help and i see that this is for the guys racing. thanks again

The car show officials have added special awards for the truck crowd. This is not just for the race crowd come out and join us and have a great time.

Ok, I have a question. Last year I went and ran the Lightning in the bracket class and had a blast. I really liked pitting in the NLOC area and hanging out with all the lightning guys. This year my stang will be finished and I plan on racing it in the JDM superstang class BUT, I will be pulling it to the event with the lightning. Can I pit with all my lightning friends and have the Lightning on display there AND race the stang or will I have to pitt the stang somewhere else?

you can pit your lightning and Mustang together in the Lightning area. Just tell the parking crew that you are racing both vehicles and would like to park with the Lightning gang.

will be there this year, had to miss it last year because of the slow shipping on my air ride suspension but now the truck is done.:cool:

BTW I am moving to joliet a few miles from the track next week, will let everybody know if I am done with the move in time in case somebody needs a place to crash for the weekend.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Jeff. Re-confirmed that we would get the same area as last year as described by Dwight above. I'm heading down with Yaeger and Lghtspd in the morning. Looking forward to seeing all of you again.

LB:cool:

I think I'm going to head up solo fri night and be around all day sat. Hope to see some familiar faces from last year. If a big red headed guy keeps hanging around your pits it's because I came alone and ran out of things to look at lol

Back