NJ Lightning Owners..

KyleJ

Hey everyone. 99L owner here from Ocean County.

I was wondering if any of you guys do side work on cars/trucks etc?

The reason I ask is because I think its about time to change the plugs and clean the IC/SC on my truck (67k miles) and im not very mechanically inclined.

I would love to connect with guys that know what they are doing and are willing to give me a hand with the maintenance in exchange for $.

I would rather not pay a dealer/mechanic to do this work because I would most likely get ripped off and you guys probably know more then them anyway. :tongue:

Also, do you guys still have local L meetups? It would be cool to get to know some fellow L owners..

Thanks,

Kyle

Attachments

• truck4.jpg
    truck4.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 9
If your not busy saturday, cruise down to cecil county dragway. Johnny lightning is having his rental and a bunch of Lightning from the area will be there. 9 to 4

If your not busy saturday, cruise down to cecil county dragway. Johnny lightning is having his rental and a bunch of Lightning from the area will be there. 9 to 4

Thanks for the invite. Sounds like fun. Unfortunately I will be working this weekend :(

I'm in Cumberland county. Not sure where in ocean county you are located. If I have the time I don't mind giving a hand. I work at Lilliston Ford in Vineland.

I'm in Cumberland county. Not sure where in ocean county you are located. If I have the time I don't mind giving a hand. I work at Lilliston Ford in Vineland.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Im in Barnegat. Google maps says you are about an hour and 15 away.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Im in Barnegat. Google maps says you are about an hour and 15 away.

1hr 15mins is like next door in lightning world!

We have guys coming from NY, CT, DE, and from as far as Lancaster PA to hang out at our get-togethers.

1hr 15mins is like next door in lightning world!

We have guys coming from NY, CT, DE, and from as far as Lancaster PA to hang out at our get-togethers.

That's awesome. I really haven't been to anything in a loooong time. I also never took the time to learn enough about the tricks and now at at a point where things should be done (trans fluid, plugs, ic cleaning etc) and I dont know where to start and cant really afford to spends thousands to have it all done for me :(

I wish I took more time over the years to meet up with fellow L owners and make some friends & connections as well as get educated..

Ya that's an hour and 15 minutes at normal speeds lol. Let me know what day your plotting to do the plugs and clean the intercooler. I work Monday thru Friday. So I'm usually free on the weekends.

Ya that's an hour and 15 minutes at normal speeds lol. Let me know what day your plotting to do the plugs and clean the intercooler. I work Monday thru Friday. So I'm usually free on the weekends.

I just sent you a PM but it's not showing in my sent folder so let me know if you got it. Thanks

Hey KyleJ, Delvallo is where its at in the Lightning World. Gen-1 Gen-2 doesn't matter. Best group of Motorheads you'll ever meet. Even Dennis is cool. lol.
You will ask off work and take a vacation day to go to Spookfest at Atco usually the last Friday in October. Even if you just spectate, its a heck of a party. Welcome!

Hey KyleJ, Delvallo is where its at in the Lightning World. Gen-1 Gen-2 doesn't matter. Best group of Motorheads you'll ever meet. Even Dennis is cool. lol.
You will ask off work and take a vacation day to go to Spookfest at Atco usually the last Friday in October. Even if you just spectate, its a heck of a party. Welcome!

Thanks man. Sounds like fun. Ill be sure to stay plugged in here and connected with everyone! I appreciate all of the help Ive received so far. You guys rock! :)

Welcome man!

Checkout LightningRodder.com for other details on meets and get togethers. Most of the gen 2 guys post over there. We just had a rental at Atco on Monday, then another one at Cecil on Saturday!

Next big event is Uncle Frank's garage party in Staten Island next Sunday, then NMRA @ MIR the following weekend!

Back