NITTO TIRES TRUCK & LIGHTNING CLASS

C

CAPTAIN

I JUST WANTED TO GIVE EVERYONE THE BASIC FORMALITIES OF THIS CLASS.

IT IS RUN IN OPEN COMP FORMAT WITH A 1-TENTHS BREAKOUT. ANY MODIFACATIONS ARE PERMITTED.
YOU MAKE 3 QUALIFYING PASSES, AND THE FASTEST OF THE 3 IS YOU DIAL IN MINUS 1-TENTH. EXAMPLE: IF YOU RUN 3 QUALIFYING PASSES AND THE FASTEST OF THE 3 IS A 12.88, YOUR DIAL IN IS A FIXED 12.78. THE CLASS USES A .500 PRO TREE THIS YEAR, SO IT SHOULD BE A LITTLE EASIER ON THOSE DRIVERS ENTERING FOR THE FIRST TIME USING A PRO TREE. THE RACING IS PRETTY COMPETITIVE, AND ALWAYS EXCITING!

THE 2002 NMRA SCHEDULE:

MARCH 7-10 -> BRADENTON, FLORIDA
APRIL 6-7 -> REYNOLDS, GEORGIA
MAY 3-5 -> COLUMBUS, OHIO
JUNE 21-23 -> MAPLE GROVE, PENNSYLVANIA
JULY 19-21 -> GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN
AUGUST 10-11 -> ATCO, NEW JERSEY
SEPTEMBER 27-29 -> BOWLING GREEN, KENTUCKY

HERE IS A LINK TO AN ARTICLE WRITTEN IN THE "RACE PAGES" MAGAZINE GIVING AN OVERVIEW OF THE TRUCK & LIGHTNING CLASS. CLICK ON IT, THEN SCROLL DOWN TO THE ARTICLE ENTITLED "KEEP ON TRUCKING".

http://www.thefordmall.com/frameset.html?section&race+zone

I HOPE TO SEE MANY OF YOU AT THE TRACK FOR AN EXCITING NMRA WEEKEND OF LIGHTNING RACING!

I will be at a couple of them.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
Member of HARRISON MOTORSPORTS
Home of F.U.Racing(Fords Unlimited)
NLOC#495
Hungry out of work eat your IMPORT
fe3b07d0.jpg.orig.jpg

Captain thanks for the helpful information. As you know I Was at Atco with you this year and I am sure to be doing that race again this year.

------------------
Justin DiPalma
NLOC # 555
Black 94 #437
Power Dyned,
13.703 @ 100.38 MPH

Yea Justin, we did have a good time at that race, hope this year's is even bigger & better. I can't wait!

Great to hear you're going to some events Marcus, I've heard nothing but good things about you & your truck.

Also hope to see plenty of new faces (and trucks) at all of these events!

Can't wait till' the Bradenton Springnationals in march!

------------------
"CALL ME A BABY....BUT I'LL NEVER GIVE UP MY BLUE BOTTLE!"

94' LIGHTNING #3006- 13.22 @ 99.63 MPH>100 SHOT
85' MERCURY CAPRI RS-
11.39 @ 117->TENATIVLEY SOLD :(

TEAM BROKEN DREAMS

I'll be at aleast 2 OR 3 Races this year. I will probably make Reading, ATCO, & Maybe Michigan.... Later Guys,

Ralph Voorhees Jr.
Red 93' L
383 Stroker
Big Thumper Turbo
Goal 9.0's @ 150+ MPH
Coming 2002

I'll be at aleast 2 OR 3 Races this year. I will probably make Reading, ATCO, & Maybe Michigan.... Later Guys,

Ralph Voorhees Jr.
Red 93' L
383 Stroker
Big Thumper Turbo
Goal 9.0's @ 150+ MPH
Coming 2002

Hey Ralph?
When's that 9 second beast going to be finished?
Maybe it'll be done & ready for some passes at NMRA Bradenton or possibly NMRA Atco?

That's gonna be one wild ride!

Hey guys, just talked to JL on the phone and he's going to be(Lord willin') at most/all of the NMRA events--including SDR at Reynolds, GA--yahoo!

Dan

I should be at Ohio, Michigan, and Bowling Green. Hopefully I can get my trans done before all of that. Does anyone know why they took Byron IL. off the schedule for this year?

------------------
Black 95 # 1356
NLOC # 218
13.24@99.04 1.78 60'
There is nothing made
that can't be sprayed

Byron is probably off because it sucks for a big event. The track's not bad, but the facilities are really marginal.

It did not enough pit and vendor areas. It flooded when it rained, and the exit road was congested because there was only one lane through the scales.

------------------
Regards,
Gordon

1999.5 "Red Pig" Lightning

yes byron is off the list of tracks were we'll be racing....

Absoluty correct. There were many complaints about that facilty. It just seems the NMRA has too big of a family & following for that track.

You can count me in at all of 'em. Wouldn't want you guys to pull a fast one and me not be there to see it...no pun intended.

------------------
Randy Morrison, SGA Racing. 1987 Ford Ranger-351w. Best ET 11.000 @ 124mph. 2001 NMRA Truck/Lightning World Champion. 2000 FFW TopTruck World Champion. Sponsored by Level 10 Performance Transmissions in Hamburg, NJ. Visit them @ www.levelten.com

we'll be there plus one as my little girl should be here by the end of this month might not make the first 2 events but planning on running the last 5

------------------

Back