Nitto NT555R vs. MT E/T Street DR

joedpl

Well I finally got myself a set of lightning wheels for my Harley Davidson F-150. I've been searching around for tires (and lightning spec lower control arms) and it seems like for the front the Nitto NT555 in the 295/45/18 size is the way to go. Now out back is a different story. It seems that there are 2 types of DR's out there in the 305/45/18 size, The 555r and the MT E/T Street DR. I know that the Nitto's have seen lots of use from you guys and recieve great praise but I was wanting to know if it was worth the extra $100 for the pair of MT's over the Nitto's.

Your input is appreciated.:eek:ldtu:

well the mickeys hook 10x better but dont last as long.. but close.

nittos do ok on street but not at the track!

from everything I have heard the MT's blow the Nitto's out of the water. I have 555r's on now but I have the MT's sitting here waiting for there chance :cool:

ive used both on my L on the street and strip. i prefer the mickeys although they do not las as long as the nittos. they do seem to bite a bit better :thumbup:

When you say they don't last as long......how long are we talking about? These will only be used on the strip so how many passes can I expect out of a pair of MT's?

When you say they don't last as long......how long are we talking about? These will only be used on the strip so how many passes can I expect out of a pair of MT's?

Don't know how many passes and dont know how many miles they lasted. But I know the MT DR's are a great tire, My buddy Mike Corrigan (on here) cut some 1.4x 60's on the 18" drag radials on stock wheels :scared1:

Maybe you can ask him how many miles he got out of em.

I have had a set of MT ET streets as my rear tires now since spring 2008. i don't drive the truck daily, but maybe 4,000km's (6,800 miles) every year. i have made probably 30-40 passes at the strip since i put them on. i'm not sure exactly how much tread i have worn down, but i do know i will still have them by the fall when i put my truck away for the winter.
as for driving on the street i don't do burnouts at every corner, but i do large ones at the strip for every pass.

hope this helps
Sean

There is no comparison!!!!

x2

Go to the track, air them down to 15 psi, burnout pretty much like a slick, and make your run.

my first set lasted 2+ years with LOTS of track use and some street use.

Handsdown one of the most awesome tires out there :eek:ldtu:

So it sounds like MT's then. I think what my plan will be is to sell my old racing wheels and use that money towards the mt's (and the lightning spec lower control arms). Looks like I'll be listing some stuff in the classifieds:thumbup:

Back