Nitrous Tune Needed?

Pro71bird

Need for Speed
I recently purchased a ZEX wet nitrous system for my L and plan to spray no more than a 75 hp shot. The truck is stock with a K&N cai and Flowmaster cat back exhaust.

My questions are,
1) Do I need to purchase a nitrous tune for a 75 hp shot?
2) Do I need to install colder plugs?

Thanks in advance,

George

it depends who did your tune and what your AF is now...but most likely you will need retuned for that

what plugs do you have now?

it depends who did your tune and what your AF is now...but most likely you will need retuned for that

what plugs do you have now?

The truck is bone stock, minus a K&N cai & Flowmaster cat back exhaust. It has never been tuned and the spark plugs are stock as well.

I met Rick earlier this year at Jeff's shop in San Jose and value his opinon. If Rick suggests the need for new plugs and a nitrous tune, then I will purchase these items from you folks.

I just want to make a financially sound decission based on a true need. I have many years of nitrous experience with multiply carburetor applications but am new to fuel injected MOD motors.

Thanks,

George

you should go with a colder plug .. we like the TR6s..good copper top plugs that are very reasonably priced..and work great

you will also need a NOS tune..

just let us know when you are ready and Rick can email the tune to you or you can wait until he returns to San Jose in a month or so..

you should go with a colder plug .. we like the TR6s..good copper top plugs that are very reasonably priced..and work great

you will also need a NOS tune..

just let us know when you are ready and Rick can email the tune to you or you can wait until he returns to San Jose in a month or so..

Thanks...... I'll give you folks a call and place an order.

BTW, I know of several people interested in Rick returning to San Jose for tunes. How about July 12th & 13th?

Back