NHRA kills Pro Stock Truck

P

Purple Haze

GO here and sign this petition.. this quite frankly steams me. One
of the best new classes in NHRA, and they kill it for political BS
reasons. GO sign the petition... We are ALL sport truck owners, and quite frankly the Pro Stock Trucks are really what we are all emulating. Be it a L or a RT or a SS 454. Post this link to other truck boards too. Lets give NHRA an earfull about this. Remember.. all the R and D that goes into the Prostock truck motors in someway shape and form ends up benifiting us.

http://www.petitiononline.com/protruck/petition.html

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
DansBanner.jpg

Just 'signed' it. Thanks for the info.

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
Newest - Wet Okles seat covers, Roush lowering kit (waiting for install)
JDM Big mouth filter, JDM Flip chip, JDM Breather cap, JL Ram Air, JBA Headers, Striaght Pipes, Single Blade TB, Splitfires, Bed Rug, Steel Horse Billet grills, Keypad Mod, Dynomatted cab, Blaupunkt MD reciever w/CD changer, MTX Thunder Form, Clarion 5X7's up front, Infinity Kappa's in back, kick panels with JBL components, Relocated starter button, Billet pedals, red interior lights w/neon, purple neon and strobe lights for the shows, and more.
fe5736c6.gif

ME TOO !

------------------
Bob
2000 WHITE LIGHTNING
#3903 born 06/14/00
Johnny Lightning Ram Air
Snug Top Bed Cover
1981 HONDA CBX
(in-line 6 cylinder)
Too Much Customizing To List.
1972 SUZUKI GT-750 LEMANS
(3 cylinder 2 stroke)
Cafe racer conversion

Where Y'at Haze, Sorry but I disagree. I'm not sure about the Dogde camp but I don't think Ford spent a dime on a ProStock Truck. They don't spend a dime on ProStock Cars! Ask Bob Glidden. Thats why he quite. No money or R&D from Ford.
As for using what they learn racing, not any more. Ford doesn't put the 302 or 351 in anything now. All Mod motors. chevy stop with the 350 too. Don't No about the Dodge boys. Have you looked at those races lately? chevy truck fest. That sucked. But I blame Ford for not stepping up with the bucks.
If all you have is one make, it looks like iroc trucks on the Drag Strip. I did like seeing Roy Hill's trucks but with out funding he didn't have a chance. And without Mfg. competition in Pro Stock Trucks, they didn't stand a chance ether.

------------------
Abby Normal
'92 F-150 302
Ford Performance Association Member
49 Cubes short of a full load!

danzerrrrrr
biggrin.gif
da surfa has surfed and signed...By the way da ANIMAL also signed too....he was hea so he went thea!!!!!!!!surfinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph

cool_carrot_md_wht.gif

da_surfas_beach.JPG

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Abby Normal:
Where Y'at Haze, Sorry but I disagree. I'm not sure about the Dogde camp but I don't think Ford spent a dime on a ProStock Truck. They don't spend a dime on ProStock Cars! Ask Bob Glidden. Thats why he quite. No money or R&D from Ford.
As for using what they learn racing, not any more. Ford doesn't put the 302 or 351 in anything now. All Mod motors. chevy stop with the 350 too. Don't No about the Dodge boys. Have you looked at those races lately? chevy truck fest. That sucked. But I blame Ford for not stepping up with the bucks.
If all you have is one make, it looks like iroc trucks on the Drag Strip. I did like seeing Roy Hill's trucks but with out funding he didn't have a chance. And without Mfg. competition in Pro Stock Trucks, they didn't stand a chance ether.

</font>

Im in the Seattle area. I understand what your saying. But I do disagree, ANY motor development in some way shape and form benifits us in the long run. Period. But no more so than the work that was being done on motors that are our CI. Yeah.. I know the Gen2 uses the 5.4 mod motor, and we use a motor thats quite different than the one that was being used in the Dodge PST, but that doesnt matter. I know that Ford didnt really back Hill up, and that sucks, they have good stuff, and could really have made a dent in the chebby program with it if they had gotten involved. NHRA allowed the daks to narrow up to the S-10 size this year, and they were being more competitive ( a few final round showings ) so once they get the playing field evened out, it would have been a good 3 make run. But without it there at all, it aint never gonna happen. Just MY .02.

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
DansBanner.jpg

just look at Pro Stock........

------------------
Chuck P
1993#3951 (24k miles, mod'ed and lots of custom parts)
NLOC#138
MiLOC#10
0138_1_t.jpg

00 Focus ZX3
99 GT conv
91 GT (race/show car- in hibernation)

I signed. I understand Ford isnt into Pro Stock of any type, but I still love watching the trucks. I even went as far as rooting for Ligenfelter. Go figure.. I think they should bring it back.

------------------
Rod K.
58581764103_0_ALB.jpg

'93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??

Yeah what is up with pro stock... Grand Am's??? WTF?????

------------------
1999 Lightning(White) #2373
Trico Wiper Blades(awesome mod)
12.88 @ 104.5(Last Season)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: Super Zor
Yeah what is up with pro stock... Grand Am's??? WTF?????</font>

What about the Cavaliers?!

There are a few mopars in pro stock. That is good because otherwise grand ams would rule. All the mopars seem to favor a more triangular opening on their hood scoops compared to the oval of the rest of em. The last races on ESPN at Sonoma, CA. I think there were a couple of mustangs. Later,

------------------
Bob
2000 WHITE LIGHTNING
#3903 born 06/14/00
Johnny Lightning Ram Air
Snug Top Bed Cover
1981 HONDA CBX
(in-line 6 cylinder)
Too Much Customizing To List.
1972 SUZUKI GT-750 LEMANS
(3 cylinder 2 stroke)
Cafe racer conversion