new truck

greenstang

Well , here I am contemplating retirement next year and I go and dip into the funds for a truck! 2018 F150 5.0 engine with the fancy tow assist or whatever it called. I love it so far but the wife is getting tired of hearing me complain about how much it cost. That's just the old guy in me I guess, new trucks should be bought for 5-7k. LOL.
View attachment 38090

That is a beautiful truck. My son in law has one with the 5.0 and that is one sweet setup. I can see a new one in my future too.

With the 3.73 gears, it has enough tow capacity to cover just about anything I'll do. It is unreal how the 5.0 pushes you back in the seat. 4WD Supercab weighs about 4700 lbs.

Yea Ron, it's hard to get over the sticker shock. I've been looking at new trucks for about 5 years now, really. The wife was really getting tired of making circles through dealer lots. With the price of admission, it'll probably be with me for a long time. I really didn't see a Lariat that I cared for much and the price on them really scared me off! I do tend to keep vehicles for a long time. I still have my first car and I still have a 79 f150 my Dad bought new.

Back