New to the forum...

Eden2020

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
So every search sends me here... recently brought home my dad's 1993 lightning (red). He bought it new my senior year of high school. He finally decided to let her go and knew I've always wanted her. Hasnt run in what i can guess 6 yrs. Already started the process of routine maintenance. Mouse removal was a good place to begin. She had a powerdyne SC on it years ago but has since been removed. I have a million questions but will work my way through the forums to try to find answers. This will be a fun journey for my two boys and I to get her back on the road.

So every search sends me here... recently brought home my dad's 1993 lightning (red). He bought it new my senior year of high school. He finally decided to let her go and knew I've always wanted her. Hasnt run in what i can guess 6 yrs. Already started the process of routine maintenance. Mouse removal was a good place to begin. She had a powerdyne SC on it years ago but has since been removed. I have a million questions but will work my way through the forums to try to find answers. This will be a fun journey for my two boys and I to get her back on the road.

Welcome, as someone who just got his Lightning back on the road after almost 20 years I can certainly relate!

Take pictures of the good the bad the mouse poop etc. We all love to see a Lightning coming back to life.

Thanks for the welcome.. been taking pics as we go. Trying to reverse engineer what's been done. She'll fire, but stalls immediately. Cant imagine anything major. 61k original miles. No accidents. Just scratches and dings. Been garage kept but paint is faded. No rust to speak up, had an undercoating sprayed early on. So far only made it through new battery, new serp, cleaned out intake, drained gas, new fuel filter, cleaned out exhaust, oil change, and pulled the PCM to see whats in it. There was an extra in the parts boxes so I knew it was swapped. Now to figure out if I should swap it back or not.. and so it begins.

Yes.. my dad swapped over to Mass air, injectors, etc.. but after pulling the SC he pulled the injectors back out, and I think all the SC related parts. I plan to take her back to stock minus the headers and exhaust so I can sort out why shes not running right. I can swap it back later.. between the SC install and removal, and the Ford Mass Air conversion kit I have a number near if things to sort out. First is to figure out what should be on it in stick trim.

Is there a stock wiring harnesses in the parts box? Or did he modify the stock harness for the MAF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats and welcome to the group! Lots of pictures are required. :)
When and if you ever put a signature up with your mods in it, make sure you include the mouse poop in it. If you hang out here long enough you'll find out the inside joke. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.. my dad swapped over to Mass air, injectors, etc.. but after pulling the SC he pulled the injectors back out, and I think all the SC related parts. I plan to take her back to stock minus the headers and exhaust so I can sort out why shes not running right. I can swap it back later.. between the SC install and removal, and the Ford Mass Air conversion kit I have a number near if things to sort out. First is to figure out what should be on it in stick trim.

More than likely, the mass air meter is calibrated for the bigger injectors, thus why it won't run. If you still have his injectors, throw them in and see what happens.

Back