new to the area

00L

UAV driver
whats up everybody. i just moved from florida to hood river, or. like the weather. except that on my drive here last week i hit some ice in utah and hit a median in my, what was perfect truck.
01L built block and level 10 tranny, stock blower back on it for a little bit, but will get a kb back on it soon, until then a 8lb lower. red and factory looking..sneaky
anyways, looking forward to hopefully meeting up sometime and hit up a track event or two.
truck is getting the body work repaired next week, so i'm stoked.
until then-
shawn

Welcome! I just moved up here for work from Tennessee in October. What brings you to Oregon from Florida? sorry to hear about your L but hopefully it will be as good as new when it gets fixed.

Sorry to hear about the truck, but glad its getting fixed! Welcome to Oregon! It gets awfully windy out there in Hood River, though you probably know that by now.

Welcome to the Columbia Gorge

Let me know when you get your truck up and running, maybe I can run up and show you some cool places on the Washington side of the river. Anyone else up for a cruise around some of the small towns along the Columbia? Maybe meetup in Hood River for pizza and a drive?

Let me know when you get your truck up and running, maybe I can run up and show you some cool places on the Washington side of the river. Anyone else up for a cruise around some of the small towns along the Columbia? Maybe meetup in Hood River for pizza and a drive?

Could be a possibility!

Might be able to make this too. Ron you can still go, just not in the Marshmellow.

Well I will attend a event when I am sporting the new toy or the Marshmallow. The insurance company wants to give me a whopping $15K for the truck, I am not having any part of that,:nono: so we are in a dog fight:mad:!!!

Anything salvageable? That was a nice truck. What did you hit, front/rear/ side or a little of everything?

I could use a good passenger bedside, and yours is already white.

My son is working as a building contractor right now, so everything he has is in storage I asked if he knew where the patterns were for my suspension, but he is unsure. I am still pretty happy with the 3-link. The truck still gets loose on slick pavement but it does go straight and is easy to correct.

Again, too bad about your Lightning. Dan

Anything salvageable? That was a nice truck. What did you hit, front/rear/ side or a little of everything?

I could use a good passenger bedside, and yours is already white.

My son is working as a building contractor right now, so everything he has is in storage I asked if he knew where the patterns were for my suspension, but he is unsure. I am still pretty happy with the 3-link. The truck still gets loose on slick pavement but it does go straight and is easy to correct.

Again, too bad about your Lightning. Dan

I hit the front passenger, and the rear passenger. It took out the front end and the bed on the passenger side. Wiped out the front suspension and the rear suspension. However and this is very funny, the Budnik wheels are not bent:scared1:. I still cant figure that out :no:it hit so hard in the rear it bent the axel, but the wheel still runs true on the balancer!

So, you were driving down the road, not doing anything, and it just wrecked? That was the excuse my son used when he explained how he went off-road, through a fence, through a ditch, back onto the road, off the other side and punched a chainlink fence rail through the fender.

You couldn't have done the drivers side? I still need a pass. bedside to replace the one that got cracked before I did the 3-link. Well, at least the wheels are OK. Any damage to the engine? I could use it in my '40 Ford project. Hey, you know everything, where do you find a supplier for DOM tubing around the Portland area. I need about 50 sticks for the '40, decided to do a SCCA legal chassis, twin parallel tube design with a full cage.

Later, Dan

So, you were driving down the road, not doing anything, and it just wrecked? That was the excuse my son used when he explained how he went off-road, through a fence, through a ditch, back onto the road, off the other side and punched a chainlink fence rail through the fender.

You couldn't have done the drivers side? I still need a pass. bedside to replace the one that got cracked before I did the 3-link. Well, at least the wheels are OK. Any damage to the engine? I could use it in my '40 Ford project. Hey, you know everything, where do you find a supplier for DOM tubing around the Portland area. I need about 50 sticks for the '40, decided to do a SCCA legal chassis, twin parallel tube design with a full cage.

Later, Dan

Dan,
Pacific Machinery in Portland sells DOM.
EMJorgensen up here(Seattle) is cheaper....:eek:ldtu:

The best place to get DOM tubing, supply wise and price wise is Marmon Keystone.

And no I wasnt just driving and wrecked the truck, I was fell a sleep at the wheel doing 285 mph and ran off the road!:gl:

Motor, tranny and a bunch of goodies are all in good shape. The main reason for the total is the total repair estimate came in @ 16K. which is over the 70% value of the truck. However I am fighting the whole deal and we will be heading to court, I dont know if I have a real good leg to stand on but I am not going to lay down and take it up the ***** either!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the DOM tubing suppliers, I will check them out and see who is the cheapest. I am also checking with my brother, who is a pipe fitter in San Fransisco to see what he can do. He has a supplier, Ben Stolen Steel and they might make a deal.

Sleeping and driving is never a good mix, I was driving heavy tankers to Eastern Oregon and many times I was tempted to take a quick nap at 70 MPH with 11000 gallons of diesel.

Oh, I wouldn't tell anyone you were doing 285 MPH or that you went to sleep, better to go with Alien abduction, swerved for a moose, mechanical failure, (brakes faded), Ben Laden was hitch-hiking and you were trying to take him out for the world,(oh, I think there is still a $25,000,000 reward out there). Just be real.

Back