new suspension

i hope to have my ruslow 1200 coils/hotchkis rear leafs installed in a week or so. there is a scca auto-x in two weeks and i hope to enjoy my new suspension. besides the alignment cam bolts and bump stops do i need anything else for the install? thinking about installing a set of so-cal shock extenders.

svtsilverback said:
i hope to have my ruslow 1200 coils/hotchkis rear leafs installed in a week or so. there is a scca auto-x in two weeks and i hope to enjoy my new suspension. besides the alignment cam bolts and bump stops do i need anything else for the install? thinking about installing a set of so-cal shock extenders.

If you can get them in time some clunk washers for the F/L control arm. Even if you don't have the clunk you are probably still loosing part of your alignment. Shock extenders work well for the rear, though ideally you would want a shock that was valved for the Hotchis springs. The extenders will do fine, but if/when you break some shocks go ahead and get some 'sport' voved shocks, same on the front.

yes just going to skip the shock extenders for now. i had planned on getting the hotchkis/bilstein shocks so i am just going to wait. got the coils on last night and the truck's front is at 17.5" center cap to fender. dropped .5" over the night. putting the leafs on tonight.

Back