New steering wheel small problem

slow94

Got an aftermarket steering wheel mounted up today from NRG. Only problem I have now is it sits much further away from me which I love but it is about 1/2" away from the turn signal switch when it's in the regular position. Of course I could put it in the high beam position with lights off and have room but wanted to see what other options I have. Does anyone make a shorty version of this? Or has anyone successfully heated one up and bent it to a new position? Attached are pics.PXL_20220527_214719789.jpgPXL_20220527_212723826.jpgPXL_20220527_214709532.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

This is a switch for a Lincoln continental apparently. Looks like identical electrical connections when looking a pictures of ours. Has a short arm on it that looks like it would work.

Looks like Windstars and rangers of the same year are very similar as well.. hmmm

Just in case anyone is wondering a 1995-1998 Windstar van turn signal switch will bolt right in place and work! It gave me a little more clearance. Think I can live with this much better.PXL_20220528_191325199.jpgPXL_20220528_191334916.jpgPXL_20220528_191331293.jpgPXL_20220528_185630150.jpg

That’s weird I did not have that issue, are you sure the adapter is correct?

I can’t upload pics right now, but they’re in my thread.

That’s weird I did not have that issue, are you sure the adapter is correct?

I can’t upload pics right now, but they’re in my thread.
Yeah adapter is correct. Now I'm not running a spacer nor a quick change hub which would push it out more. I guess the easy thing to do would be to use a spacer which they sell but I wanted the extra space away from me.

Yeah adapter is correct. Now I'm not running a spacer nor a quick change hub which would push it out more. I guess the easy thing to do would be to use a spacer which they sell but I wanted the extra space away from me.

No spacer here either, and no quick change hub. That adapter seems awfully short.

20210701_171242718_iOS.jpg

Yours seems further out than stock almost.

It’s actually a bit closer in, pics make it look further, but it’s definitely closer to the dash. Plus the wheel itself is flatter than the stock setup.

Another thing you could try is filing the mounting surface of the MFS at an angle. It wouldn't take much to move the lever away from the wheel 1/2-3/4".

Another thing you could try is filing the mounting surface of the MFS at an angle. It wouldn't take much to move the lever away from the wheel 1/2-3/4".
Yeah that may have worked. Though honestly I have changed direction a bit with this project. ordered another steering wheel so it would look/work better with my new wireless button mount. Also ordered a 1/2" spacer for just a bit more clearance. I think this will be much better.

Back