New rules @ WFC, now allowing Harleys but no other trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPTAIN

Hmm, new rule change to now allow Harleys, but still no other trucks?
What gives?
Scared silly I presume?

Love always,
2005 NMRA Truck World Champion

That's not really new. Harleys have been allowed to run for a couple of years now. Couple of reasons - it's always been a Lightning-only class since 98 due to the NLOC and PSP or LFP actually sponsoring the classes (at least up until this year). Allowing Harleys was kinda a consession due to the close relationship of the NLOC and the NHTOC.

And, we've never had any problems filling the classes with Lightnings like FFW and NMRA had. I think the largest S/L class we had was 48 trucks qualified in '02, and it's typically around 30-40 trucks in S/L and somewhat fewer in Pro.

Scared? That's simply not the issue. You have to have a L or Harley vin to race. And if that ever changed, there would be legions of us who would abandon WFC. Since it would then be no different than FFW or NMRA, which we already have plenty of. Hope that answers some questions.

Ok, so it's not a new rule then, but still, why no other trucks besides the L's & Harleys?
FFW is a joke, they also don't allow anything other then L's and Harleys to run (basically). The rules are structured to chase out anyone who isn't a JDM customer. NMRA is competitve, and the L's come out in force most of the time.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pro Lightning in WFC has never had more then 10 trucks qualified.
WFC8- 9 trucks
WFC7- 6 trucks
WFC6- 7 trucks

Wouldn't opening up the rules to all trucks make it a larger field in Pro? Isn't that what competition is about?
Why does it have to be different from NMRA or FFW for you guys to race? Basically, the only place I can race is NMRA.
FFW-> The rules are a joke structured to basically only allow the L's and Harleys.
WFC-> Again, another L & H only event.
L-Fest-> L's only, or are you guys allowing your Harley buddies to compete?

I HIGHLY doubt there would be legions of you who would abandon the WFC simply because a few Rangers or F-100's showed up. That absolutly sounds like running scared.
What advantage does my truck have over any of the other L's when it is a dial-in class?
Can anyone answer that?
So all I need to run is a VIN tag off an L or a Harley? Looks like I'll be hitting my local junkyard for the title & VIN tag off that wrecked 93L.
That's basically all that's left of the L's in Pro anyway. They have a VIN tag and a sticker on the bed.
I can do that too.

Still sounds like you're all scared of a little stiff competition, probably why I've never seen any of you (besides Johnny) in the NMRA (I know you ran wild street Vern, but I meant the TR class).

Anyone have any input?

WFC 6 a HD was allowed to run by the OK of all class racers, WFC 7, WFC8, WFC9 the class rules are for Lightning/Harley Davidson Trucks. Guess you talk before you check the facts????:?

LF has allowed HD trucks for 3 years now. As for the pro trucks being just VIN tags and decals...you need to again check your facts. Many running in the Pro truck at WFC and LF are running stock bodies.:dw:

Sue's (JLP) HD ran low 10s at LF last year...and it is her grocery truck!:nana:

Sounds like sour grapes...built a truck that doesn't meet rules, so wants the rules changed to let his truck run?!:gl:

I meen no offence and don't have anything to contribute other than this is "Lightning Fest" not "Ford Truck Fest" (which would be a pretty cool event in itself). This is for the Lightning/HD community otherwise we would be full of "Bracket Trucks' so I believe there should be some definition in that itself.I also believe ther is an Open test and tune the night before for any and all to participate, I know we were trying to get Parish to bring his turbo chevy for that. Everyone wanted to see him run but rules are rules and regardless of how cool his truck is it didnt meet the criteria ie Lightning/HD. Once again I am not trying to **** anybody off I am just stating my opinion. Nice truck by the way

CAPTAIN said:
Ok, so it's not a new rule then, but still, why no other trucks besides the L's & Harleys?
FFW is a joke, they also don't allow anything other then L's and Harleys to run (basically). The rules are structured to chase out anyone who isn't a JDM customer. NMRA is competitve, and the L's come out in force most of the time.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pro Lightning in WFC has never had more then 10 trucks qualified.
WFC8- 9 trucks
WFC7- 6 trucks
WFC6- 7 trucks

Wouldn't opening up the rules to all trucks make it a larger field in Pro? Isn't that what competition is about?
Why does it have to be different from NMRA or FFW for you guys to race? Basically, the only place I can race is NMRA.
FFW-> The rules are a joke structured to basically only allow the L's and Harleys.
WFC-> Again, another L & H only event.
L-Fest-> L's only, or are you guys allowing your Harley buddies to compete?

I HIGHLY doubt there would be legions of you who would abandon the WFC simply because a few Rangers or F-100's showed up. That absolutly sounds like running scared.
What advantage does my truck have over any of the other L's when it is a dial-in class?
Can anyone answer that?
So all I need to run is a VIN tag off an L or a Harley? Looks like I'll be hitting my local junkyard for the title & VIN tag off that wrecked 93L.
That's basically all that's left of the L's in Pro anyway. They have a VIN tag and a sticker on the bed.
I can do that too.

Still sounds like you're all scared of a little stiff competition, probably why I've never seen any of you (besides Johnny) in the NMRA (I know you ran wild street Vern, but I meant the TR class).

Anyone have any input?

Cap why must we go thru this every year? We don't want any other trucks in our race.

But you can always bring some money and we can run them heads up

GJLS said:
Cap why must we go thru this every year? We don't want any other trucks in our race.

But you can always bring some money and we can run them heads up

Ya Cap, get you some of that!!!

Man, not this tired, juvenile whine again! Good grief! What do you think this is, a playground? "You're chicken... bwawk bwawk!" :rolleyes:

There'll be plenty of Rangers running in Open Comp and in the brackets. Feel free to join them. Maybe you're just afraid of them?

OK, I agree I didn't look into the HD rule for the last few years, but really, what's the point of WHEN it was instated? Fact is, the rules were changed to allow something other then a "Lightning" to race, so why not open it up to any trucks then?

As for the Pro trucks running more then VIN tags and stickers? Tell me, what makes ANY of those trucks L's other then VIN's? What's the difference in an L and an F150? Basically, the motor, trans, and rear, right? The bodies are the same, correct? Now, tell me how many of the trucks in Pro L are still running the factory motor, trans, & rear? Every one of those trucks have purpose built race motors, aftermarket trans (art carr, right?), and different race rears.

Let's look at Johnny's gen2.
Factory L motor? NO
Factory L trans? NO
Factory L rear? NO
Factory L interior (seats etc)? NO
Factory L roofline? NO
Factory L badges & VIN? YES

Now let's look at Ralph's gen1.
Factory L motor? NO
Factory L trans? NO
Factory L rear? NO
Factory L interior? NO
Factory L frontclip? NO
Factory L stickers & VIN? YES

How about those facts Big D?

(the reason I choose these 2 trucks is I am personally friends with both, and I know their trucks well, and I know they will not take offense to anything I say here)

Fact is, there's nothing left of those factory L's except a VIN tag and a sticker.
What does Sue's HD being a grocery getter have to do with any of this? I have a NJ tag on my truck, what's your point?
The only sour grapes is your little inner circle of L's. Sticking together, scared of some real competition.
Got any more clever responses?

BDAZSVT? We're not talking about L-fest, we're talking about WFC (World Ford Challenge). You guys have L-fest, and that's fine, I have no gripe with that. That is your race, and only your race, but WFC is different.
You're way off the point here, this is nothing like trying to get a chevy to race.
The WFC is described to be the "super bowl of Ford drag racing". In essence, the Pro Bowl. This is where the best of the best from NMRA & FFW combine and race in their respective classes. The Pro 5.0 guys from NMRA & FFW both race in the same class, and find out who the best really is. Why should I have to switch classes to run WFC? No one else has to do that, so why put out the few guys who bust their azzes all season?
Oh, and for the record, my truck is not a "bracket" truck. I have a NJ tag on it with 2 seats and a FULL interior.

Jerry, if I recall correctly, you were supposed to show at the NMRA Kansas City race last year to settle a little grudge match weren't you?
There I was sitting in the staging lanes with a pocket full of greenbacks waiting for some "inconsistent on the verge of breaking every pass, Jason Brown wanna-be" to show up or put up, but alas, a NO SHOW.
For the record, I have 3 stages on my truck, and I barely tickle it on the first kick for NMRA.
Anyone with a fat checkbook can build your truck, let's see you win a big race (or ANY race for that matter) by being a good driver.

Sparkman, simmer down there. If anyone around here is chicken, it's the guys with the L's on their trucks. Won't allow anything other then an L or HD to run at WFC, chased out all the real race trucks in FFW, but for some reason, not a whole lot of you guys come out to play in the NMRA anymore. I wonder why that is? Tired of getting whooped up on by the little Rangers?

You guys have fun drooling over each others L stickers out there. I'll be home polishing my World Championship Diamond Ring. Come get you some of that.

Ok, I wasn't going to say anything else on the matter, after my previous explanation, but I will say a couple of things.

1 - allowing other Ford trucks in the Lightning classes at WFC will just turn it into another FFW or NMRA truck class, and you know what the turnout is for those. That's one big reason why we like to keep it Lightning/HD based. Again, "scared" has nothing whatsoever to do with it. You're not gonna bait us with that immature attitude. When it comes to bracket or open-comp style racing, I ain't scared of nobody, and I'm not one of the fast guys.

2 - Money talks. Whoever sponsors the class has the most to say about the rules in that class. So, if you want to open it up, then start your own business and pony up the $10k or so it would cost you to make your own rules. But then, don't expect very many of us to show up and race you. I think if that happened, most of us who go to WFC would just move over to one of the ET brackets. Which you are more than welcome to do anytime.

And I'm not even going to get into the differences in the Lightnings and other Ford trucks. If you don't know that, then I can't help you.

Enjoy your racing - I know we will.
Vern

I guess that CPT has never read the rules about trolling. ;B

Times will get tough for him on this board!:wallbash:

I especially like his avatar.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back