New Member with a lot of questions

Tpino

:help:Hello everyone I need some advice, I own a 2001 Lightning which I have had for
About 6 years. I traded a family member a 2006 Mustang GT for it title for title and it had 57,000 miles on it, now it has 81,000 miles. The truck was owned before by a forum member and was featured as truck of the month. The problem I have is that it spit a plug out got that fixed but now it misses and nobody can find out why. I am not an expert but I am pretty sure it has a blown head gasket by the look of the coolant. Regardless I am going the replace the heads so I do not have the spark plug problem again and that is where the uncertainty comes in.
The forum member had done a lot of after market show and go mods but I have removed most of them but left a few including an LFP #4 pulley, C&L True Plenum, Air Raid CAI intake and Bassani exhaust with high flow cats.
Since I am replacing the heads I wanted to go to 8 thread stage 2 ported heads and Stage 2 cams. I want to make sure with the extra boost I do not need to go with a 2.5 or 3 stage cam as that will open up another can of worms torque converter and so on.
I just want a drivable reliable truck that I can take out on road trips and not have any worries.
Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions
Thanks

Last edited:
:help:Hello everyone I need some advice, I own a 2001 Lightning which I have had for
About 6 years. I traded a family member a 2006 Mustang GT for it title for title and it had 57,000 miles on it, now it has 81,000 miles. The truck was owned before by a forum member and was featured as truck of the month. The problem I have is that it spit a plug out got that fixed but now it misses and nobody can find out why. I am not an expert but I am pretty sure it has a blown head gasket by the look of the coolant. Regardless I am going the replace the heads so I do not have the spark plug problem again and that is where the uncertainty comes in.
The forum member had done a lot of after market show and go mods but I have removed most of them but left a few including an LFP #4 pulley, C&L True Plenum, Air Raid CAI intake and Bassani exhaust with high flow cats.
Since I am replacing the heads I wanted to go to 8 thread stage 2 ported heads and Stage 2 cams. I want to make sure with the extra boost I do not need to go with a 2.5 or 3 stage cam as that will open up another can of worms torque converter and so on.
I just want a drivable reliable truck that I can take out on road trips and not have any worries.
Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions
Thanks
is the miss coming from the cylinder that spit the plug/

Back