New Member/Owner Question

NateRose

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting my first Lightning this week and have a question that will probably decide which one I go after. The first one is a 2003 and the other is a 2002, do both of these have the 8 thread heads? I've tried searching around but can't find the exact answer, the 02' has a build date of February 2002 if that helps at all. Thanks for all your help and direction!

02 didn't have 8 thread heads. Some early 03's didn't have them either. My 03 was built in Jan 03 and does have tem. Hope this helps.:cool:

My '99 has never had a spark plug go out... IMO as long as you check them every so often the 4 thread heads are fine... I would buy the 1 you like the most and then have the plugs changed out and then you know the plugs aren't going to come loose... The spark plug problem is a big issue that was resolved by Ford with the 8 thread heads but the spark plugs coming loose only happens on a few in every hundred built...

IMO the reason the plugs launch is changing them on a warm/hot motor. I change mine the same as I always have, run them down snug and then a quarter turn. With the extensions we have to use I don't think a torque wrench will be true.

Alright that helps me out and takes some of the worry off my mind, appreciate the quick replies and information

Back