New member here from Chicago

Black351

Hi everyone, i just bought a 94 lightning last week, found it in Wisconsin, only 27k miles, bone stock, excited to join the forum and learn everything i can about these trucks.

Here are a few pics, gotta take the ugly spoiler thing off, but then I gotta figure out how to cover the holes
54dab533f048d1dfaacdd9705ebea678.jpg
3514085adca247534172e1349ed5af9a.jpg
480625e9150b1688a3d250e64719db2e.jpg
c61cfd888d14d97f15ecc2cec91dda76.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That truck has been garage kept for a long time by the looks of it. Do you have a dry place to store it through the long Chicago winters or are you going to daily drive it year round?

That truck has been garage kept for a long time by the looks of it. Do you have a dry place to store it through the long Chicago winters or are you going to daily drive it year round?
Garage is occupied right now, but it will be in a garage next year at least for the winter

Garage is occupied right now, but it will be in a garage next year at least for the winter

Hopefully you can get it in there ASAP and store it there full time.

If it’s not a daily driver you can get much cheaper insurance for it from a place like Grundy with an agreed-upon value. But it must be garage kept to do so.

My last truck had about 5,000 original miles on it and I had an agreed value policy for $30,000 from them which cost me about $300 per year.

Hopefully you can get it in there ASAP and store it there full time.

If it’s not a daily driver you can get much cheaper insurance for it from a place like Grundy with an agreed-upon value. But it must be garage kept to do so.

My last truck had about 5,000 original miles on it and I had an agreed value policy for $30,000 from them which cost me about $300 per year.
My mustang is in there now, gotta get it running soon, and then put the L in

I have to figure out the best way to fill holes in the bed rails myself. Or do I just cover them with those ABS rail caps?

Nice truck. I’d probably leave the cab spoiler on it due to the holes being a issue. You may grow to like it?

- - - Updated - - -

I have to figure out the best way to fill holes in the bed rails myself. Or do I just cover them with those ABS rail caps?

You are talking about the stake pockets? I think black inserts look good. I have them on mine

The replacement bed I have has holes drilled in the tops of the rails where bars had been bolted to it.

I'll probably end up welding them up and sanding it smooth. Unless I find a pristine bed.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back