New L owner, way down south...

LnMIA

Just wanted to say "hey" to the group. Signed the papers couple nights ago for the red 00' L. Has a few mods already but u know how it is.. will probably have some other parts ordered and sitting in the garage before the truck actually gets here. Still undecided as to who I want to let work on it, tuning and such. That's where I'm kinda relying on you guys, so any input would be appreciated since the truck has a pulley and chip (#4 lower, Flip-chip).

Like to attend some shows or meets on the weekends, so if it's semi local, give me a shout. Like to check out the Tower Shoppe's meet, sounds like a good # of rides that attend regularly. Heading back home to attend Lightning fest with my bro (truck stays home in fl, brother has a 99L in KC) some great guys there in KC. At least now I can actually go looking for parts!! WOO HOO!!

Bitten by the car audio bug way back in 91', so if you smell somethin funky it's probably me experimenting with the fiberglass (gotta save weight). So only a matter of time before the L' gets a audio makeover.

Anyhoot, sorry for the long post

Todd

Welcome to the board :) congrats on buying a Lightning..What part of Florida are you from? PM me your info and I will put you on the list..name town and e-mail address....Take care,Bruce

Welcome, great year on the L.
How far South are you? You can try to meet all of us South Florida boys at Moroso one night.

As the others said, Welcome and congrats on the L. If up in Coral Springs, so if you ever want to go to Tower Shops, let me know, its a 20 minute drive for me.:bigtu:

Thanks guys, looking forward to meeting ya. I'm located in Homestead, exit 0 on the turnpike. Right across from the Keys Gate Golf Course (bring your clubs ). Only said Miami in signature because most people not from around here know about Homestead lol.

Definitely will check out the Tower shops meet very soon, will let you know Whiteboy when I plan on coming up that way.

Once I get the L on a dyno and tuned right I'll feel better about making a pass down the strip. So until then I need to behave and stay out of the boost (always easier said than done I'm sure). It's supposedly a "mild" 91 octane tune, but I assume the air/fuel mixture will need to be adjusted to the FL humidity.

Still up in the air as to who I should take it to for the tune.. Razor's... Lujan...? Any input is appreciated.

Not sure how Razors Edge is with their tunes, but i will let you know in a week or two as soon as i get my predator and tune, but from wat ive heard they're top notch.

About Tower Shops, i can make it out there anytime. Looking forward to meetin you out there.:thumbup:

Welcome aboard..hold on to your wallet!!!! this place rules. PERIOD!:tu:
if oyu are ever in Orlando lemme know.

LnMIA said:
Thanks guys, looking forward to meeting ya. I'm located in Homestead, exit 0 on the turnpike. Right across from the Keys Gate Golf Course (bring your clubs ). Only said Miami in signature because most people not from around here know about Homestead lol.

Definitely will check out the Tower shops meet very soon, will let you know Whiteboy when I plan on coming up that way.

Once I get the L on a dyno and tuned right I'll feel better about making a pass down the strip. So until then I need to behave and stay out of the boost (always easier said than done I'm sure). It's supposedly a "mild" 91 octane tune, but I assume the air/fuel mixture will need to be adjusted to the FL humidity.

Still up in the air as to who I should take it to for the tune.. Razor's... Lujan...? Any input is appreciated.

Im going to be biased here, but Lujan is my mechanic and my best friend. He will do excellent work for you if you decide to choose his shop. If you need anything let me know.. I work at a stereo shop in miami too.. Welcome aboard!!!

Can't help being a little partial with em being the best friend MIAMIJDM <G> . Actually I've read some positive posts on the guy, and the set up looks pretty good on his website. His 400hp neon is crazy.. Will definitely run by his place with the L and have a chat with em about some mods.

Which stereo shop you working at? Not many choices down here in Homestead as I'm sure you know. Been watching on the sidelines at the car audio shows and finals, figured this would be the vehicle I'd like to compete with. Simple setup... tweets in pillar, kicks, mid bass in the door, couple tens, two amp system. Pretty much all fiberglassed, sub box, kicks. That's the plan anyways.. will probably change half a dozen times . You guys carry some higher end.. Image Dynamics, Quart, Diamond, Focal?

Last edited:
LnMIA said:
Can't help being a little partial with em being the best friend MIAMIJDM <G> . Actually I've read some positive posts on the guy, and the set up looks pretty good on his website. His 400hp neon is crazy.. Will definitely run by his place with the L and have a chat with em about some mods.

Which stereo shop you working at? Not many choices down here in Homestead as I'm sure you know. Been watching on the sidelines at the car audio shows and finals, figured this would be the vehicle I'd like to compete with. Simple setup... tweets in pillar, kicks, mid bass in the door, couple tens, two amp system. Pretty much all fiberglassed, sub box, kicks. That's the plan anyways.. will probably change half a dozen times . You guys carry some higher end.. Image Dynamics, Quart, Diamond, Focal?

sent you my info via pm.. Btw, lujan's neon is at over 570 whp... :hail:

Back