New guy

DEL

Hello,

I see that this forum is pretty quiet, but wanted to introduce myself. I bought my Lightning about 24 hours ago. Its a red 1995 with 81K miles on it. Its in excellent condition in my opinion. I bought it in Eugene, and did 100 MPH on the way home. It felt as tight as my old Porsche 911 at that speed!

I live in Oregon City. I'm pushing 40 years old :hh: and have owned over 50 cars & trucks. I am heavy into drag racing. I've raced everything I've ever owned, the quickest of which was a 1986 Buick Regal with a turbocharged V-6. It went 10.40's at 129. I have had a need for a truck, and always liked the Liightnings because they're sporty enough to drive every day, but you can tow and haul whatever you need on the weekends.

I might try to get it out at PIR or Woodburn before the seasons over to see what she'll do in the 1/4 mile. It's stock except for an MSD 6A box, a plenum spacer, and a custom cat-back exhaust.

Anyway I'm reading as much as I can as time allows to learn about this beast. I hope to see more action on this forum, and maybe see some trucks at the track too.

Thanks!

Last edited:
:tu: Welcome to the Lightning Owner ranks--you even made the right choice by selecting a gen1 ;i

If you are ever in the area, I'm sure Dale would like to see that Buick, look us up.

Jeff

Back