New gen 1 in the northwest

badpony93

i have a huge blower
Well we moved up to Olympia back in January, gonna be making the trip to pick up the Lightning as soon as I can get a free weekend. Now that we're settled, found a nice shop in Olympia that's doing pretty good at paying the bills. So hopefully it will make its way over to rods in Kennewick for some turbo piping then I can get rolling again. My 3 year project finally coming back to life

427" man'o'war block, tfs R heads, 88mm, C6, big stuff 3 should be a runner eventually.

Let me know when the meets/races or any good local trash talking forums are. Look forward to meeting you guys

Hey Bryce ! Good to hear from ya ! See you were down in Arizona for a weekend fiddlin' with that "red "truck. Rob did well again ! ETs seemed a little slower than last October though. Heat down there or something else.

Got a tentative GTG posted over on LightningRodder Northwest section for later this month.

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/55-northwest/336841-march-april-gtg.html#post4803130

At Bremerton this weekend. Friday afternoon/evening for practice then run Car Club Challenge on Saturday and gonna give a try to the ET series in the Sportsman class on Sunday.

It's just a slow old farm truck but I did cut a perfect light Friday night on my 4th pass !

Scott

He made a few blower pulley changes to keep engine rpm down but boost levels up, had some alignment issues, then went to a 31" tire instead of 29.5" tire, so he changed shock location/ride height. Which changed ladder bar geometry so we were fighting traction issues, was still going 1.38 60 foots but it was leaving a 300 ft trail of rubber on the way down. Figured it out after the weekend was over of course

Welcome to the PNW!

It will be nice to see you again. PM me your contact info and I'll do the same.

Glad things are going well, welcome to the great damp northwest.
Doing any dirt bike, sand dunes or Lightning related stuff hit me up, LOL. :tu

Olympia... That's a far move. Why did you guys move?

The wife asked me one night what I thought about moving to Washington, I said I think you're outta your mind, the following week it hit 123* outside. So I came home and told the wife if we're gonna think about I should probably fly up and take a look. So July of last year we flew into Seattle then drove into federal way then to the Lacey/Olympia/tumwater area and it was beautiful. So we rented the house in Phoenix out for a couple hundred bucks profit and signed a year lease up here. So weve been here 3 months now. After playing with robs truck then doing a couple drag weekends I decided it was time to start moving on mine again after 2 years of it just sitting under the cover. 4 yr old and 6 yr old can really suck up some time and money that's for sure

Back