New drag class for LightningFest 7

After extensive research (around 10 minutes) I've found there is a new association. The INMRA (International Navy & Military Racing Association). The many rules are being worked out and it appears all classes will be heads up racing. Still working on how to position the starting line (wave ?) christmas tree and at what point it will be a Pro start tree.

As in the 60's, vehicles (ships) will be rated based on weight vs horsepower. This race was of course an exhibition race with ships of slightly different classes demonstrating their horsepower. Both have four GE LM 2500 gas turbine engines but the McCain has a weight advantage with a displacement of just 8300 tons vs the Cowpens 9600 tons.

In the picture the John S McCain has a definitive lead towards the end of the race with the finish line just over the horizon. Word I got it was a best 2 out of 3 with the McCain taking both races.

4422331050_33e5bd336d_o.jpg

I will very much look forward to seeing the top eliminator class run ! Can you imagine two aircraft carriers from a standing (okay a floating) start with brute acceleration to the finish line !

Early in the works are two divisions; the east coast (Atlantic) and the west coast (Pacific) divisions which will compete earning points to then move the the Internationals (perhaps on Labor Day). The initial talks had the event to be held in the center of the country but it was quickly determined to be perhaps impossible to get aircraft carriers to Kansas, let alone cruisers, destroyers, frigates, cargo ships, etc. Plus a suitable location in Kansas couldn't be located. It seems there just isn't enough water to float the boats ! The Bermuda Triangle was discussed but concerns abounded for things disappearing at inopportune times. At this time the organizing committee is still working to find a suitable location for the Internationals.
:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Back