New car?

forcefedcobra

born 2 be blown
Well since finding out that I couldnt get a loan....I have paid off a few credit cards and have one more that I want to pay off. This will free up a couple hundred dollars a month and I will also be getting an equal amount of raise next month. I am looking at buying a Subaru WRX STI. Its still fast but is a little better on gas and way better on insurance than the COBRA.

I am going to have them run a credit check here soon to see what things look like. I know my credit is perfect but I need to see what my debt to income is going to look like with some credit card debt and also the almost 30k truck loan being gone.

What do you guys think? I know its something totally different from what I am used to but it would make for a heck of a daily driver that can still fit 4 comfortably and also be able to head to the track to run some drags or autox.

B

Brandon,

Sorry for not getting back to ya. I've been busy travelling on the weekends for my job. Still have the bed rug?

About the Subaru, I had a 91 Talon AWD Turbo a few years back and loved it. It ran a 13.76 @ T.V. with just 500 bucks in mods. It had 2.5in full exhaust, air filter, boost controller, and a larger fuel pump. The AWD launch was awesome. It could lay down some nice 60s. You could really suprise the crap outta people and it got 20 something MPGs. So with that said, I think you'd enjoy that style of car. Is the Subaru a 4 door. I've seen a 2 door model. Also, you might checkout the Mitsu Lancer Evolution. It's a turbo AWD too (I think).

Later,
Kyle.

No problem Kyle. I do still have it. I might be down to through OKC to Norman Saturday to talk about the STI. I will for sure be around that way on Monday. I will be going to Tecumseh and then to Norman before heading back to Enid.

The STI is a 4 door. I dont like the Evo that much so it is out. If the STI doesnt work out I am going to end up maybe getting an SVT Focus or just trying to wait out the summer.

Let me know what day works best for you. Saturday is not for sure but Monday will be.

B

I think you will like the STI it is fast and the handling is awsome
I think they are low 13sec cars
Oh buy the way you can get that cobra we have for cheap now!!
Hail damage

I am thinking the STI would be cool too. Its a great all around car including the fact that it has 4 doors, cheaper insurance, and is still a performer both drag and autox.

No way would I buy a car with hail damage from a dealership. When you factor in getting it fixed you arent saving much money at all if any.

So what are you driving now? I heard you bought another car and are parting out the lightnings. It sounds like me selling my truck worked out best for the both of us.

Back