New Blower package installed

todd abbott

Well guys I have a new blower combo, one of JDM's Whipple racer kit's, 60lb injectors, SCT MAF, SCT handheld tuner, Walbro 255 fuel pumps and some new plugs, I've only seen pictures online but man it looks nice in person, particurally on my truck:) I'm running my 4lb lower and a 3.375 upper for about 14-14.5 pounds of boost, and 11-12 degrees of timing, which is super safe, and I still made dam near 500hp and 580fpt on my stock block:tu: I can tell you the truck feels awesome and sounds great, I just love that slight blower whistle at idol, I went pretty easy on it on the way home but part throttle response is awesome. The exhaust sound's tighter as well, I don't quite know why but it does and Jim made some trans changes as well, mainly locking out OD until 46mph which is perfect and dropping the shift points a bit. I'm very happy with the whole package, on my slicks it's a upper 11, 12.0- truck. Todd

I was thinking about the same thing Jody but the Holley dodge show is in few weeks so I thought a few guys would show up for that.

whats up im doing this in 2 weeks was that 500 hp to the wheels or at the fly and does anybody think there will or can be any problem with pegging also does the truck fell crazy

I'm assuming your talking about the Whipple, I upgraded everything in the fuel system but the lines, 60lb injectors, fuel rails and 255 pumps I also did a SCT MAF and a SCT handheld tuner, pegging is no longer a concern. As for power I made 490 to the wheels on JDM's dyno with my street tune, 510 with a more agressive street tune (2 degree's more timing) but still 93 octane/same boost, I mentioned this above but I'm only running 11-12 degrees of timing, shifting at 5300 and running 3.375 pulley, I'll never need another blower as this setup can run me as far as I'll ever go. I got a chance to drive it around today for about a hour, what a huge difference over my stock Eaton, even at 1/4 throttle I'm impressed, I made one 400ft blast today, the power is flat out awesome, any more than half throttle I leave about 30 ft of rubber on the 1st to 2nd shift oh yea it's bada** , did I mention it sounds great.;k

Nice Todd, I can't wait to see it. Sounds like you have a true beast on your hands. Hope to join you at the truck show!
Jim

Jim, I don't know if I yet to reach beast status, your closer to that than me, but man it's quick. I hope you can make the run up to Holley Dodge with us, it should be fun. Todd

todd abbott said:
Jim, I don't know if I yet to reach beast status, your closer to that than me, but man it's quick. I hope you can make the run up to Holley Dodge with us, it should be fun. Todd

I will be joining you there!
Jim

Hey Dblg, I try not to post cost on the open boards but Jim did take care of me, if you add it up it should be close, 3200.00 for the blower kit, lets say 1800.00 for injectors, pumps, rails, SCT tuner, SCT Maf, plugs ect.. add a day and a half of labor, dyno tune, lunch for the crew, 2 day car rental and fuel for the rental and the truck and you get the idea.

Back