New and on the hunt

Silverfox90

Hello all,

I have been browsing over the past few months to see what Lightnings are out there and came across this forum.

To give a backstory on what brings me searching for a Lightning. My grandfather used to own a Ford dealership in New York. My entire family worked there and I spent so much of my childhood around the store and that ultimately started my passion for cars. I was only 9 when the gen2 Lightning came out, but remember vividly how cool it was to see the truck. My dad drove one home for a weekend and I couldn’t get enough time sitting behind the wheel pretending to drive and loved riding passenger.

Fast forward to now and I am still so fascinated by these trucks and my passion for SVT vehicles has never stopped. I came across an original Lightning brochure from the dealership while reorganizing some files and it flooded me with memories. I would collect brochures of cars I hoped I’d own someday and saved everything.

I am still in the early stages of my search, but interested in the information the group has to offer. Hopefully I’ll become apart of the Lightning community soon!

Threw in a picture of when I found the brochure recently.

0C5E00D2-82A0-405B-AFA1-201F07E8863D.jpeg

E4C62799-8C11-46F0-86D6-8D0400E61DC5.jpeg

It's a disease! Good luck with the hunt! Nice Gen 2s are out there, but man they command a price!

It's a disease! Good luck with the hunt! Nice Gen 2s are out there, but man they command a price!

That’s the truth! I’ve bought and sold around 25-30 cars and I’m just now 30 lol. It’s fun to enjoy different cars, but unfortunately I never had the space or funds to keep all that I’ve wanted. The only two I regret selling are the 03 DBP Marauder and 03 Cobra. I’ll have the track down similar later down the road to complete what I’d like to call my SVT collection.

That’s the truth! I’ve bought and sold around 25-30 cars and I’m just now 30 lol. It’s fun to enjoy different cars, but unfortunately I never had the space or funds to keep all that I’ve wanted. The only two I regret selling are the 03 DBP Marauder and 03 Cobra. I’ll have the track down similar later down the road to complete what I’d like to call my SVT collection.

Welcome! Love the context you gave us.

I'd love to have a Terminator. I was so mad after I bought an 01 Cobra and the blower cars came out. I *hated* the 01. Anyway, welcome aboard I hope you find a nice truck.

Back