new 1/8 mile best!

JAMES HESTER

just a regular f150!
i swapped from 3.55's to 3.73's last week and ditched the 26" slicks for some 325/50 et street radials.had a few issues with truck not cranking as well,ended up being the distributor.i believe it was also causing some previous high rpm miss.well got the new distributor in yesterday and went to the local 1/8 track and after playing with the timing i finally ran my best pass with just 26 degrees total.1.74 60',7.96@88.42 !i could'nt believe how much the mph picked up.at this track i had been trapping 83-84.i'm very happy at this point considering it's still a stock stroke 351 and weighs over 3900lbs!

I would be happy too:D Thats running really good especially with your mildish combo. Thats easilly a 12.50 pass. 1.74 60 ft is nice too. No doubt the radials helped out on your truck. My F100 always slows down on a slick or bias ply street slick. I have no problems with hooking on motor either and thats with a bbf. Would your truck pick up with more timing say 32-34 degrees?

I tried putting timing back in it on 3 different trips to the track and it always slows down.a friend has a 377 windsor in his foxbody with vic jrs and it runs best at 26 also.

Hmmm maybe EFI runs better with less timing. Either way its rolling. When are you going to put the bottle too it lol.

yes but i'm having another tank sumped.gonna run the stock intank and then come off the sump with a 155 inline back to the stock line that went to the front tank.this will be temporary and i know i could just add it inline now but i think i'll have better results by not pulling through the stock pump.

Its an EFI windsor powered swb 92-96 F150 so its close enough lol. I would love your set-up im my 96. Ive got a roller windsor shortblock and Windsor jr heads in my garage so hopefully with a cam and some kind of decent intake and converter I could be in the 13s. Your my inspiration. My truck is a 100% daily driver so it has to be reliable. Best is 14.34 with a NOS dry kit on the bone stock unrebuilt 302 with over 300,000 miles. Only has a Flowmaster and a K&N.

Thats flying for N/A. There are many Lightnings with power adders that dont run those numbers. What is your mod list? Is it set up for drags or does it still have A/C and all that stuff? C4? stall? Caltracs?

Good job James. You have me covered, but we will still have a good race. I'm putting the long bars on today and pulling a little weight.:eek:ldtu::eek:ldtu:

thanks guy's!it's a .030 over 351 with dss flattops,vic jr heads,tfs stage 2 cam,tfs-r intake,75mm tb,1 3/4 longtubes,pi 3000 multi-disk,pulley's,t-bird e-fan,obdII swap with tune,30lb injectors,gen2 lightning aluminum driveshaft,3.73's,and 325/50 et street radials.tranny is a 4r70w built by me with j-mod.it still has a/c,the only comfort option i've removed was the cruise control stuff.as for the suspension it has belltech beams,hangers,and shackles with lightning springs in the rear.i'm still running the stock slapper bars as well just shimmed up a little.it does'nt transfer weight very well at all so i would like to add some long bars and maybe some qa1's up front.jamie and nole,ya'll gonna make it to the dec 11 race?

Yea James, I'll be there. I have not decided whether to spend the night or not. I'll be parked on the north end of the tower side bleachers.

Yea James, I'll be there. I have not decided whether to spend the night or not. I'll be parked on the north end of the tower side bleachers.

ok,i should see you there.i may run the index class on motor then make some tnt passes afterwards on the nitrous,if i get it put on by then!shooting for 11.50's on a 100 shot!

Back