needed how-to's

usnlightning

Lovable Moneypit!
First off, thanks to whomever thought to add this section to the website. I am already rounding up the rear disc conversion parts. I do have some other requests for how-to articles for some projects that I would like to do, but have a little temerity about doing them blindly. In no particular order: replacement of the I-beam pivot bushings, replacing the leaf spring bushings, gas tank removal/pump replacement, 2 pump trick for N2O/boosted applications, and maybe mass air conversion. I am pretty sure that if any of our resident Lightning geniuses have personal (or even better photographic) experience at these different mods, us mere mortals would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,
Eric Martin
1994 Red Lightning #339 of 4007

another one that would be good would be a wiring diagram to kick on electric fans. im sure a lot of guys would do this if they had a diagram. more specifically the lincoln mark 8 fans

Request's ~ super charger up keep, changing the oil in the s/c, snout removal, lower pully removal. I was looking for a few other things, but i just cant think of them at the moment

An article on changing and aiming headlight bulbs would be awesome for everybody that switches to silverstars or cleared out headlights:tu:

Needed how to's Change blower belt,Light bulbs in dash and other area's, and a how to check and recommended checks on spark plugs. thank you

Last edited:
WIRING BLOCK SCHEMATICS

Wouldn't it be nice to know which wires were for what on the various yr lightnings' wiring blocks/bundle located under the hood on the passenger side firewall... IE.. I'm trying to hook up my Plasma booster that has been sitting on my shelf for nearly 5 months now. I'd like to trick them into the wires as they are sooo much more accessible at that point than they could possibly ever be at the individual coils' locations.

Not to mention electric fan hook ups possibly or any other number of items which would require wiring... just seems like if we could get our hands on this info things could go so much easier for many of us on so many projects.:tu:

shock replacment and smog eliminator

what about a how-to replace the shocks and install tracion bars on a gen1 and gen2. how to replace a smog pump with an idler pulley on gen1. step-by-step instructions.

thanks
buddy

Last edited:
Can we a HOW-TO on bleeding the IC system? Seems there are a bunch of people including myself that could benefit from it.

Back