Need some ideas for removing lower blower pulley

oilwell1415

I am finally putting a lower pulley on my 01 that I bought new. Pulley has never been off and it's a bitch. I've soaked it in PB Blaster, heated the hub, hit it with a hammer, hit it with the air hammer, used a 4 foot cheater under the weight of the truck, and probably a few other things I've forgotten about. I really don't want to destroy it to remove it, but it's looking like I'm headed that direction. I also need to change the accessory belt, which is the real reason behind making the change. Any other ideas?

QUIKSVT

Most the ones I have done back in the day were a bitch. They usually broke free with a loud bang. I would be working on someone’s truck and they thought I broke something.

cbxer55

Well, personally, having done it myself with the vehicle on jack stands and me under the vehicle, if I were to do it again, I'd go different route. Remove the fan and radiator shroud and do it from above using the longest sumbitch breaker bar I could find with a piece of pipe on that. From above, there are no limitations on how long a bar you can use. Nowadays, if I'm messing with the lower pulley at all, I do that.

And yeah, when they let go, BANG!01010013.JPG

oilwell1415

I did get the pulley off, but don't really have anything to post about how. Wednesday night I was working on it and got distracted and never made it back out to work on it that night. I left the jack sitting on the breaker bar with weight on it all night long. When I got home from work on Thursday the pulley was loose and came right off.

stoffer

I paid my buck-o-five
I did get the pulley off, but don't really have anything to post about how. Wednesday night I was working on it and got distracted and never made it back out to work on it that night. I left the jack sitting on the breaker bar with weight on it all night long. When I got home from work on Thursday the pulley was loose and came right off.

sounds like it paid off