Need some help/ideas

JAVLIN42

Hey guys sorry if these ? seem a bit dumb but im about to start on fabricating my turbo setup on my 93L and im wondering a few things. I will just ask this for now, I converted my truck to Mass Air and should the meter go before or after the turbo?

that depends on your mass air meter! if you get a blow thru meter( 05' slot style welded onto coldpiping recommended) then you will mount it after the turbo alloying you to vent the BOV to the atmosphere making it easier for fabrication. If you use a draw thru MAF then you are going to need to mount the BOV(and use one that can be)where you can run the bypass hose back between the maf and turbo!

alrighty that answers that And thank you for that response. But im changing the pistons to a forged dished piston not sure what kind yet still keeping my options open until i see what the machine shop sayse. But what kind of boost will the 351 handle. Im not looking to build som 1000hp monster but id like to run 10-15lbs is that possible or would that be to much for the block to handle?

I ran 16psi with my Vortech T-trim and am running 13psi on mt turbo now. truck just dynod 634rwhp and 706rwtrq on pump gas! so you should be fine with 15psi IMO!!!

You can do either on the MAF, I've heard blow thru (afer the turbo) runs a little better.

If you do run blow through be sure you have a straight section of pipe so the MAF has clean flow.

Back