My new truck (well my daughters)

GT347SC

Here she is. The 94 I scored for my daughter. She finially got to drive it for the first time today and loves it. I had an old set of Flo pro mufflers I put under it so it has a nice rumble. Need to replace AC compressor still and get a new drivers side door. Found one for $40 of a friends salvage yard. Got to go get it next week. Not bad for $1500 and a week of work.

IMG_20110715_165031.jpg

NICE!It's gonna suck though when she's hitting you up for gas money every few day's!:D

She's been driving my clone and was fully aware of the gas cost. I made sure of that first. She has a job and is paying for her insurance and gas. Ill handle maintenance.

im jealous ... all i got to drive when i was that age was a big block thunderbird and my dads 81 f250 with a big block ...lol

looks nice ...

Have a good talk with your daughter, these trucks are not exsactly the safest under wet conditions. first time my sister drove mine in the rain she did a 360 in a big street making a turn.

Have a good talk with your daughter, these trucks are not exsactly the safest under wet conditions. first time my sister drove mine in the rain she did a 360 in a big street making a turn.

From my own experience, this is something that's better learned in a parking lot than just getting a warning about. my dad took me to an empty wet parking lot when I was learning to drive and made me try to control his truck in a slide. After several years of driving, especially in crappy conditions, "drifting" becomes almost second nature, but I remember the first time I started to slide out of an intersection on a rainy day, it scared the crap out of me, but trained well I was.

I'm trying to plan a day to take her to the dirt track we work at and use the open grass field to "practice " drifting in. Starting in my x cab clone (it will come around slower due to length) and then in the reg cab truck.

She has always been gentle with the gas but I'm sure one day she will figure out what the GO peddle is. I have to say in the two months she drove the clone it had never gotten such good mileage.

I'm trying to plan a day to take her to the dirt track we work at and use the open grass field to "practice " drifting in. Starting in my x cab clone (it will come around slower due to length) and then in the reg cab truck.

She has always been gentle with the gas but I'm sure one day she will figure out what the GO peddle is. I have to say in the two months she drove the clone it had never gotten such good mileage.

i've seen that truck in the lake charles/sulphur area before....i think it was on craigslist down there a year or two ago. where did you get it from?

i got it here in bossier, but the address on the title was in baton rouge and the inspection sticker had a emissions test sticker on it. We dont have to do that in the northern part of the state.

Man that is one BIG smile on her face !! Can't blame her, lucky girl, great DAD !!

As some have mentioned I too remember my first ride. Way back last century a '63 Mercury Meteor (Mercury version of the Fairlane). 260 4 speed and gas was 25 cents a gallon, unless there was a gas war goin' on then it dropped to 19 -21 cents.

I'll bet she'll remember that truck for a LONG time !

Congrats for puttin' that smile on your daughter's face !!!

Scott

Start 'em out right!

My daughter worked on a horse farm and started driving my work truck when she was 14 - just on the farm, that is. But she regressed after she got legal & employed and now all she wants is a scootie-poot rice-burner. Just hope some 14-yr-old in a truck doesn't hit her!

I wish my dad would have gave me something as cool as a Lightning but I got stuck with a $900 84' Plymouth Turismo. She'll remember that truck and the work you guys do to it forever.

congrats on her truck, hopefully we can get you your springs soon enough! too bad you aren't closer or i'd show up in my truck!

sure is cool that a girl is driving an L though, i saw a gorgeous brunette in a 2nd Gen one time, and just about lost my mind....shoulda gotten her number

Back