My First LFest Experience

Brian Baskin

Rikutsu-poi
I flew into Kansas City late Thursday night, drove 40 minutes down to the hotel in a thunderstorm, and was welcomed by dozens of Lightnings parked every which way. A crowd of guys were out in front of the hotel, where I met up with Justin, Larry, and Sparkman and started learning everyone else. I only knew about six people in person going into this, so a lot of it was just a blur of new faces and personalities. Lots of drinking outside until the po-po arrived :D

Great hotel, very good breakfast spread. I had a good time at the track, mostly spent walking around, trying to help out, and catching bits of rest. A very exhausting time, I just couldn't do the night life like some of you young'ins :D :D Flew back home this afternoon and got home around 5PM. Had to send my awesome door prize back with Justin, since it'd be hard to board the plane with it (without checking baggage)

Thanks to the guys that let me hang out. I hope to be out next year with my truck. All in all, not an expensive trip so far, either. Came in under $350 for the whole trip, with airfare, rental car, and a shared hotel room. I cringe to think what it'll cost to drive the truck out there.

Thank you to Dwight and all of the others who helped put the show on. And a big thanks to Justin/Laurence for putting me up in their room... it wasn't until the second night that we found out the sofa was a pull-out bed :) Thanks to Jeff and Cherie for letting me relax in their pit area, and to Brad of LOLA for helping me get out there (and for making excellent pasta-laya!).

//The LFest Chauffeur
///Already forgotten the names of half the people I met... SORRY!

Brian, it was cool getting to meet you. Thank you for the help on my LM1 and laptop problems.

Brian, Same here nice to meet you. Dont worry Jeff will have your truck all fixed up and running great.

Michael, Nice to meet you also. I believe the Super-Cab L is a 1/10 faster with a fmu disk that has been on a 10sec ride. :D

Nice to finally meet you Brian after all these years.
Dont give up on the Lightning, I'm sure it will get figured out.

This year was my first time to LFest and I had an awesome time. Props to all involved in making this event occur, and thanks to the TALON group for being so inviting in having a "new" member with them.

FMOS Racing said:
Good to have you around, Brian! Next time I'll steal your laptop. ;)

:eek::chair: Good thing it's all encrypted :D I ended up working my butt off on the plane ride, and all night... still behind schedule, doh!

Michael, lol, I feel bad about forgetting your name. I went out to find Steve for you, then five minutes later your name slipped me. I was thinking "Who do I tell Steve to go help now... the guy with the white truck by Justin's?" :) Luckily, I didn't find Steve, so it wasn't an issue :D

Back