My driveway

MorpheusGPR

Yeah so today we finally got the concrete company to show up.

They were only going to do 3 sections...today my dad pointed out a few other areas. After a few phone calls now they are going to tear out and relay my whole 3 car drive, the walk path up to the house and my portch....

SpeedinBob or anyone who might know:

Seeing as I have a portch with an over hand type kind of thing how in the heck are they going to not destroy it when they tear the concrete out from underneath it. It had 3-4 large posts that it sits on.

I just am concerned that they will damage my actually house and I will find out later on that something is wrong.

Phil

They should erect some kind of temporary supports, BEFORE they start to tear up your porch. They will probably be 2x4s that will run down to some kind of wide boards or cider blcoks on the ground. They will probably take the weight off of the existing colums with these temp supports before the jack hammer fires up.

Phil,

Dan has the plan on the temporary supports BEFORE they tear out the walkway.

Since CP's contractor F'd up the driveway when they poured it, use the warranty to its full extent. Might want to go through the house with a fine toothed comb and have any 'we can deal with it' issues addressed also.

I had reoccuring nail pops in the upstairs and got tired of tapping them back in every six months so I pulled the nails and put screws in there like it should have been done in the first place. Very minor issue but I'm a picky SOB.. LOL

Bob

So you guys say to let them to the whole thing huh? THis is like all my front side concrete being ripped out and repoured.

I was curious how in the heck do they get the concrete out, pour new and have the pillars (as I call them) sitting on the same level...the shove conrete under them or what?

I am also picky and I hate to do things over and I hate to have things taken apart....I don't want any issues down the road with my over hand and such.

Sorry, I assumed your walkway has the symptoms as the driveway. DOH

I'd tell them to leave the walkway the heck alone since it provides structural support to overhang on the front of your house.

Bob

The walkway does have a bit of pitting and a corner broke off but not major I guess.

The portch has a couple of sections of pitting for some reason as well.

They are planning to tear out everything either Monday or Tuesday and pour new concrete.

The 3 car drive, walkway to the portch and the portch too.

The day nears.....Most seem to think they should know what they are doing as they have done it before...or most companies have anyways.

Back