My 94 f150 XLT

It seems door bars are a bit of a gray area when building cages but i would have thought it would need to go further forward towards your feet. But all the rules actually say is pass from the main hoop between your shoulder and elbow so technically it passes that.

Are you tied thru the floor to the frame or just the body?

It seems door bars are a bit of a gray area when building cages but i would have thought it would need to go further forward towards your feet. But all the rules actually say is pass from the main hoop between your shoulder and elbow so technically it passes that.

Are you tied thru the floor to the frame or just the body?

Yea I thought the same on the door bars when I first started doing this. Nhra doesn't specify the location or where they need to end up.

The main hoop and rear bars are tied into the frame I'll post more pictures of it in the next few weeks should be finished up. Been stupid busy either being sick or doing army crap lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making progress roll bars mostly done just put back in truck and weld the down bars and the kickers
5bee9be654aa279d398fa7df344c9545.jpg

8f60c7d976dbd8346fd0511ca807bdd6.jpg

f8c72871d7757e5ca5d2f7cd1a07dede.jpg

Have the main hoop bent up for the cage and been cleaning up the wiring I did a few years ago
36a6058ab4e7645b0d2530fdbbb6641e.jpg

Completely random question. I thought only the crew cab trucks had the seams at the rear window corners tack welded. Did you add it on this truck? Or is it just a factory booboo?

Completely random question. I thought only the crew cab trucks had the seams at the rear window corners tack welded. Did you add it on this truck? Or is it just a factory booboo?

Every trucks I've had has the Seam welded and I've had atleast 20 now.

Every trucks I've had has the Seam welded and I've had atleast 20 now.

Hmm. I've never seen a regular cab welded before. Mine isn't welded and my 95 extended cab wasn't welded. Not that there are a lot of pics of that area of the cab on the internet, but a quick search didn't turn up any that were welded.

Hmm. I've never seen a regular cab welded before. Mine isn't welded and my 95 extended cab wasn't welded. Not that there are a lot of pics of that area of the cab on the internet, but a quick search didn't turn up any that were welded.
my 94 is welded.

8a292acb01b647dc52fae9fce44a99a2.jpg

1f2d801d93519b2c5efe464cbf5e5230.jpg

cb759901ee4bc9352a9dbf605cf15b7a.jpg

e1c1590e0c420e6bd55ef91edb648c8f.jpg

Need to drop the mounts back down and tack the down bars on and weld them but cage will be done this weekend forsure!

Love the progress. the color match is a nice touch.

and as Jeff said. Welcome to the dark side. What size units, mid 60s? hard to tell from the photos.

ff00e08927cba84c736fc6f5409a4b09.jpg

Things keep escalating more and more... set of 240 highports for it now aswell.

Was looking back through your pictures and dang the underside of that truck is completely rust free!

Was looking back through your pictures and dang the underside of that truck is completely rust free!

That's what happens when you do a full frame off! Lol I have not touched the actual body itself except for passenger fender and hood but it's all original paint otherwise just a new frame swapped under it.

Back