Mustang car show

hotrodn93l

All Show and no Go
7 /11/2009 MDA- SUMMER SIZZLER

Registration starts: 7:00 PM Awards at: 6:00 PM Entry fee: 25.00

Vendors: Food, Auto, Crafts, etc Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC!
Award format: Trophies-By Class Sponsors: 7-Eleven to Benefit the MDA "Jerry's Kids"
Contact person: MDA- Summer Sizzler Email/phone: 405-722-8001

You are invited! The 7-Eleven Summer Sizzler Car Show to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association will be held July 11th at Wild Horse Park in Mustang, OK. The car show features 22 different categories with participatory judging. The event includes live music and a live auction. Concessions will be available and several types of vendors will be present. Brochures are available at any metro Oklahoma 7-Eleven store. Visit your neighborhood 7-Eleven, Call or email us today for details!

PRIZES- Trophies Awarded to the top two cars in each category! Public Vote-Peoples Choice Trophy! We hope to see you and your custom car at the 2009 Summer Sizzler Car Show!

I might have to give this a shot. I've never been to a show where they passed out the awards before registration started.

So are you going this time?

you going or what??

are you guys going? If I get bumped (and I should tonight or tomorrow) I could go pending I can get a few issues resolved with the cobra and detail it up for the drive down. Patty could follow in her car (has a 12v plug in built into it) and we could use that with my mini shop vac to do final detail.

Let's do it! It would be a fun time and since I havent seen my buddy Owen and none of you guys have seen landon for a while it would be a nice little family weekend.

Bring some lawn chairs and Joe could bring his canopy. A cooler full of juice box's and waters. Sounds like fun to me.

I have to get a battery for my truck, but I think we'll try to make it down.

The weather is looking pretty decent although morning thunder storms are possible any time we have weather like we have now. There is an occluded front over northern Kansas and we are sitting in an area of high pressure that might break the current pattern. If the occluded front gives it up and the cold side wins it will probably bring crap for weather for a few days. As long as the weather is decent and I have time to get the truck ready we'll probably come down.

I have to get a battery for my truck, but I think we'll try to make it down.

The weather is looking pretty decent although morning thunder storms are possible any time we have weather like we have now. There is an occluded front over northern Kansas and we are sitting in an area of high pressure that might break the current pattern. If the occluded front gives it up and the cold side wins it will probably bring crap for weather for a few days. As long as the weather is decent and I have time to get the truck ready we'll probably come down.

cool. let me know

getting the cobra detailed up now.........I've only finished the interior and DANG ITS HOT OUTSIDE! Was going to give her a full wash/wax but I'm now thinking just a dust off and quick detail spray since the engine bay is what really needs cleaned up. One more glass of water and I'll head back outside.

wish you could have made it Roddy. It was hot as hell but the lightning/cobra combo got a ton of attention. There were some nice cars there but their classes werent very good. Too many similar classes and not enough different production year breaks. You typical old man auto show with a million different chevy and old car classes. I'll post up some pics I took later.

here are some pics from the show. We just snapped a few of the cars that sparked out interest while walking around filling out our judging forms. There were also several shelby's, mustang gt's, and tons of chevy stuff.

my cobra and Joe's truck

P1010812.jpg

P1010813.jpg

P1010814.jpg

cobra kit that needed some TLC
P1010824.jpg

a couple real clean old ford's

P1010823.jpg

P1010820.jpg

a restored stang and SH grand torino!

P1010822.jpg

P1010819.jpg

the only mopar stuff (besides a riced out peon srt4). I really liked this 69 charger r/t and the hemi cuda was a clone with a real hemi in it.

P1010818.jpg

P1010825.jpg

Joe's favorite

P1010817.jpg

this was rough but interesting

P1010826.jpg

Last edited:
What, no pics of the bikini girls?

I see you managed to get a pic of the super hot chick in the orange tank top and white shorts in that last shot.

What, no pics of the bikini girls?

I see you managed to get a pic of the super hot chick in the orange tank top and white shorts in that last shot.

LOL! should have taken the zoom lens for the bikini girls. Besides the girl in the orange tank was much more photo worthy anyway.

found this mustang club of america show that will be local to you Joe. Isnt that the weekend after the svtoa event at hallett?

September 19, 2009
GCCM 30th Anniversary Show
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hosted by Green Country Classic Mustangs at Joe Cooper Ford, 3400 S Sheridan Road. Event 8am to 5pm. Check-in 8 - 11am. Registration $25 ($20 before September 11). Hospitality September 18, 5:00pm to 9:00pm @ Rayloa Park Pavilion, Owasso, Ok. For more information, call Ray McCloud at 918-949-7233 or email Ray.McCloud@greencountryclassicmustangs.com; call Mark Harwood at 918.355.0037;or email Mark.Harwood@greencountryclassicmustangs.com or visit Green Country Classic Mustang.

Yep, that's the weekend after Hallett. I think I'll try to go if I can get everything cleaned up in time.

I got some floater vacation days approved for the 11-13 so I can attend the hallett weekend. Being off the following weekend for that show will be a toss up. Also got ahold of Todd at TCE over on svtperformance. Just gotta figure out what I am willing to give up in order to upgrade the brakes for on track use but still be able to fit a skinny for the strip or what can be done to maybe get around that.

Back